Rockport Area Cold Prep

1,717 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Brush Country Ag
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is everyone doing about the cold, what are suggestions to keep lines from freezing? Being the 20's do we need to take extreme measures?
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
WestGalvestonAggie
I usually drain the pipes for anything severe but wasn't home to do it this time and they froze. Oops! (In Galveston btw)
YouBet
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

What is everyone doing about the cold, what are suggestions to keep lines from freezing? Being the 20's do we need to take extreme measures?
How did things fare? We got pics today on landscaping we put in about 2-3 weeks ago. All dead.

And we lost some longstanding landscaping that was about 20 yrs old. Makes me sick.
Brush Country Ag
AG
Down there today...had one pipe to fix. Everything is burned....palm trees took a butt whipping. All of the vegetation between Rpt and AP is brown or black. My Hibiscus plants, Plumerias, oleanders are fried. Lots of trimming and or replacing this Spring.
YouBet
AG
Brush Country Ag said:

Down there today...had one pipe to fix. Everything is burned....palm trees took a butt whipping. All of the vegetation between Rpt and AP is brown or black. My Hibiscus plants, Plumerias, oleanders are fried. Lots of trimming and or replacing this Spring.

Not even sure where the supply is going to come from. Everyone is going to have to redo landscape. May have a dead landscape for months after this.

Really not looking forward to seeing the damage up close.
Brush Country Ag
AG
YouBet said:

Brush Country Ag said:

Not even sure where the supply is going to come from. Everyone is going to have to redo landscape. May have a dead landscape for months after this.

Really not looking forward to seeing the damage up close.
Yep...going to give some plants a chance to sprout new growth, but don't have much hope. Fish laying on bottom of canal today...we are going back Monday, could be really aromatic working in the yard.

Don't know what a lot of those bushes and shrubs are along the hiway (around Paradise Key/Cove Harbor), but they are black. Maybe Mangroves ? Anyway, vegetation down there as well as some fish took a whipping from Mother Nature.
YouBet
AG
Did not think about dead fish in the canals. Thats going to be fun.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
My dad is going down in a couple days to check house in KA...our friend said everything looked okay waterwise and the city is checking meters for leaks.

Does anyone know if Key Allegro is on a boil notice still?

Brush Country Ag
AG
It was as of yesterday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.