Seeking South Padre Guide / Tour to Mexico

1,853 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag81Golf
Sinuso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Taking my 14 and 18 year olds to Padre in a few weeks and I'd like to take them over to Mexico for shopping, looking around. I know rental cars can't be taken in to Mexico so I'm looking for an excursion / guide who could take us down there, avoiding any trouble and bring us back to the hotel when we're done. Any advice or recs appreciated! Thanks and Gig'em!!
Speckled Trout
AG
My advice is not to go into border town Mexico.
Sinuso
AG
Is it really that bad? I used to go down there once or twice a year in the 80's and early 90's. Terrible shame if it's that bad now.....
PlanoAg98
AG
Even if it's safe, you probably don't need go very far beyond the border to necessitate a car. My advice is to park at the border and walk over. Most Mexico border crossings put all the gringo attractions close to the border.
WestGalvestonAggie
PlanoAg98 said:

Even if it's safe, you probably don't need go very far beyond the border to necessitate a car. My advice is to park at the border and walk over. Most Mexico border crossings put all the gringo attractions close to the border.

Yeah, I agree with this. Your kids will get about the same cultural experience walking over the bridge and back. It's not that dangerous, probably safer than driving in deeper, especially if you go during the day.
Ag81Golf
I believe all of you will have to have a passport to cross as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.