Business trip next week to Corpus (10-9 through 10-13)

1 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Agnzona
kapon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanted to get an idea on how the area was doing from Harvey.

Any suggestions on places to eat &/or sports bars would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
GIG 'EM!
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Haven't been there since Harvey but from what I've heard it's pretty fine. Corpus isn't known for having great local restaurants, in fact that was probably the most frustrating part of living there, it's almost all chains for good food. For Mexican Kiko's is good but gets very crowded. Seafood I'd go Waterstreet, and right next to it is The Executive Surf Club which is a fun bar with some good burgers and wraps and they have live music most Friday nights.
Potcake
AG
Costa Sur Wok & Ceviche, on the island, just across the causeway is very good. Don't let the looks scare you off. I have a work trip to CC every year and have dinner there everytime. A bit pricey but worth it.
http://costasurtx.com
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
The Post is an upscale sports bar kinda place. Lots of tv's with the game on tonight, but no sound. Great beer selection and good food.
lazuras_dc
AG
Corpus is fine from Harvey.

The Post would be a good place to order a craft beer or whiskey and relax.

The Republic of Texas for a great view and steak.

Katz 21 to pick up some cougars.
lazuras_dc
AG
BTW waterstreet restaurant is closed now- so you'd have to go to Waterstreet Oyster bar (right next door). Thats a good one too. Surf Club is more of a sandals and shorts place for a casual burger- but it is a CC staple, indeed.
rlb28
AG
my son goes to A&M-Corpus and they moved into the dorm Sept. 2. We went all over the city and could barely tell anything happened.
Punked Shank
AG
Potcake said:

Costa Sur Wok & Ceviche, on the island, just across the causeway is very good. Don't let the looks scare you off. I have a work trip to CC every year and have dinner there everytime. A bit pricey but worth it.
http://costasurtx.com

My buddies own this place. Good to see the publicity.
kapon
AG
Thanks for the suggestions!
I the Post twice because it was close to my hotel.
Unable to get away to the others.
GIG 'EM!
Agnzona
Any Corpus old timers recall a Bar in the 1980s that had a slide from upstairs down to the dance floor?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.