Any word on Key Allegro in Rockport?

5,039 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brush Country Ag
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife just read 50% of it is gone!
Mucho austin
AG
Thread on politics board has some info
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Everything that was left at Drifters resort on 35 was destroyed. Don't know about the permanent structures there though..... Is there really such a thing as a permanent structure in a Cat 4 hurricane?
YouBet
AG
Ag86Hotard109 said:

Everything that was left at Drifters resort on 35 was destroyed. Don't know about the permanent structures there though..... Is there really such a thing as a permanent structure in a Cat 4 hurricane?

Yes, if you built it a certain way.
Mucho austin
AG
We used to have a place in holiday beach on Channelview right across the canal from the 3 story "round house".

Sold it 2 years ago.

Interested to see if it held up.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
#blueshed?
YouBet
AG
Blue shed lives!
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I saw the blue shed today in Rockport. It had no damage.
Potcake
AG
Mucho austin said:

Thread on politics board has some info

If you want to wade through the political BS.
k-dub96
AG
Potcake
AG
That looked more like Rockport or Fulton. I didn't think there were mobile homes on Key Alegro

Ag86Hotard109
AG
You should watch the whole thing. It definitely had Key Alegro in there.
YouBet
AG
Potcake said:

That looked more like Rockport or Fulton. I didn't think there were mobile homes on Key Alegro

There isn't.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Has anyone heard from the poster Mark Fairchild? I think he and his wife live in the same neighborhood as my Mom.

Mark, if you read this, most houses in your neighborhood are ok. Lots of trees down and debris, but most are ok. Some roofs are bad, but I didn't see any roof or wall failures. Outside the country club is a different story for houses built 10 years earlier. And I have to think the trees offered some protection.
mtony77
AG
Pretty sure that house no longer exists
drmwvr
AG
Is anyone on KA? I have three addresses I'd like someone to lay their eyes on if at all possible.
YouBet
AG
drmwvr said:

Is anyone on KA? I have three addresses I'd like someone to lay their eyes on if at all possible.
PM the addresses. Our person isn't going out there today, but if she goes tomorrow I can try and have her run by it.
drmwvr
AG
Just did. Thanks

Edit/ these are for friends that I'm trying to help any way I can find out their properties situation. We go down there a lot and I know many Ags have places down there too so trying every option.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Anyone down there that can head out to Copano Ridge? Trying to decide if we go down to check on mom's house tomorrow or Tuesday. Had a friend see a video that had a portion of the house, but it didn't go down far enough to see mom's house in full.
Mucho austin
AG

This is video of Channelview in Holiday Beach.

First house on the left side of the road in that video is our old house. Looks like it held up pretty well.

If you look behind it to the left you can see the 3 story round house is still standing. I can confirm that the owners, Art and Linda, have made it through.

AG
Just got two pics of my mom's house on Copano Ridge. We fared better than most, four walls intact and some roof loss on the bay side. We'll have water damage for sure, but considering the devastation, we are looking pretty fortunate.
YouBet
AG
My FILs home builder (I think he lives in KA) got to our house today and said it looked pretty good. Will need to replace the roof but other than that it looks good.

I was not surprised by that since the house is a fortress. Was more worried about water.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
That is great!
AG
Mom's house. Plenty friends around there didn't fare as well. Her friend across the street had the front half torn off that you can see in the background.

Mark Fairchild
AG
The Chicken Ranch: Thanks for asking about us!!!!!!! Just saw this, we are in the Country Club and the oaks here gave their lives for the houses. We experienced minimal damage, Praise God! So many folks with nothing, God Bless them! So many that came from many, many miles to help, God Bless them. The unsung hero are the electircal repair crews that worked 18 hour days to get us back. We drove back on Monday after the storm on Friday and were in a 3 mile long convoy of OG&E boom trucks coming in to help, cannot say bad things about OK anymore. 70% of Rockport is history, we are digging out, it will take time. Thanks to the Lord God of All that so few lost their lives!!!!!!!!!!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Mark: I am so glad to hear that! It's great that you had minimal damage. My Mom moved back last week after they got power and are trying to return to normal. Y'all hang in there and stay safe as you rebuild your community.

The trees will put on leaves and recover quickly. Live Oaks are durable and most of them have all been through a storm or two before, and will go through another one long after us.
Brush Country Ag
AG
Just came through Rockport on the way to AP...was happy to note that the oaks are putting on leaves now. They are stacking trash out in the median of 35...looks like they are sorting it, but a major mess nonetheless.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.