Hurricane watch ?

3,124 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MAS444
padreislandagfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keep your eyes on the news.

My corpus neighbors need to pay extra attention.
will.mcg
AG
Why what's going on?

Just kidding! Yeah this will be interesting. Seems like majority of folks are riding it out. HEB was not quite a zoo but it was very busy & all the water was sold out.
mike_ags_fan12
Who's boarding up?
will.mcg
AG
The old people on my street in my 80 year old neighborhood aren't worried about it or flooding. We are not Southsiders.
CrazyDayDuck
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Who's boarding up?
My dad lives on North Padre and is putting up the hurricane panels today.

Texas A&M-Corpus is ordering an evacuation.

Sounds like the biggest concern is flooding though. Maybe best just to hunker down on the coast and not drive inland where you could find yourself in a flash flood.

padreislandagfan
I think flooding in town will be more dangerous than the island. The major concern out here is winds and storm surge. theblocal fire chief told me he thinks they are going to shut down power to the island and close causeway ( mandatory evacuation).
PlanoAg98
AG
Any thoughts on how Freeport/Lake Jackson may be impacted? My parents aren't leaving or boarding up.
farmrag
Beach house in Treasure Island (Gulf side) by San Luis Pass. We didn't board up the house. Do you think we'll be ok? We're about 13' up so storm surge shouldn't be a problem. We just couldn't get there to board up. I guess we'll go check it out next week. Say a prayer for us.

PlanoAg98
AG
I found the below on LJPD Facebook. You should be good.

Quote:

They just announced a mandatory evacuation for everyone on the south side of the Intracoastal Canal, including Surfside Beach, Quintana and Treasure Island. This is an evacuation for storm surge, not wind. Winds will be in the 50 to 60 mph range. They are not evacuating because of winds, so someone in Lake Jackson or in Freeport doesn't need to worry about evacuating. If peak storm surge arrives during high tide, parts of the coast could see 2 to 8 feet of flooding, with the potential of 6 to 12 feet between Padre Island National Seashore and Sargent, Texas.

farmrag
Thanks, PlanoAg. Not much we can do now just pray and see what happens. Praying that your parents will be safe.
woodyhayes
ridin the storm out (good song) on the Bolivar Peninsula. House survived Rita and Ike.
YouBet
AG
Family house in Rockport. It's a fortress but worried about storm surge. We shall see.
PlanoAg98
AG
Luckily my parent's house in Lake Jackson is on the other side of the levy. The levy stops the storm surge. However, they are predicting 15-30 inches of rain in 3 days.
MAS444
AG
Very worried about our poc home.... anyone near there?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.