Mustang Island ?

1,700 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Premium
Chomp214
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am curious about what is happening for resorts/restaurants/etc for Mustang Island near Aransas Pass Tx. I have heard that Mustang Island is developing with some 'high end' resorts and with some nice restaurants. My google search is not a lot of help---so turned to TexAgs for some Aggie advice. Wife and I are looking for a few day get-away soon and tho we are not bikini, beach folks we like the Coast. Any suggestions? We have spent several weekend retreats in the Galveston area but we want to do something different. Just want good scenes, good food available and do not plan to do any fishing. Thanks for your help.
Brush Country Ag
AG
Check out Rockport. Call Key Allegro Real Estate and visit with them on their rentals/suggestions. Rockport usually has a lot of things to do, and you don't have to deal with the ferry. AP is a little quieter..Shrimperee is next weekend there.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Port Aransas and Rockport are two totally different experiences.

Port A is a beach town. The focus of the town is the beach and fishing. There are a lot of really cool places to stay. I'd look at Sea Shell Villiage or Port Royale. There are also a plethora of house rentals in any price range.

Rockport is basically a giant boutique. It is like Fredericksburg, but on the bay. Rockport also has a fishing and golfing community, and a large community of artists.

Both have different appeals and detriments. And both have good places to eat.

Rockport may be what you are looking for, you just have to decide what experience you want.
Chomp214
AG
If staying in Rockport one night (best place to stay?); would it be worthwhile to take the ferry over to Port Aransas and stay one night (where?). Thanks. Just going to be with family off and on and not staying with them.
Chomp214
AG
Had someone recommend the Lighthouse Inn for overnight. Anyone have comments about this place? We are likely to be there a couple nights. Looks like several seafood restaurants in the same area in Fulton.
Owlagdad
Lighthouse is our favorite- pay the extra for bay side room, you see Dolphins right off the hotel pier. Breakfast buffet will last you to supper.
On the Island our favorites are Trout street and round Italian seafood place, cannot remember name, on right just as you get on main road south off ferry.
We love both places, if you have lite kids, the beach at Rockport is shallow and no waves to knock them down.
Always want to try Shempys a little shack between Rockport and Aransas pass.
Chomp214
AG
Good info, thanks
The Chicken Ranch
AG
If you eat in Port A and want a really nice meal go to Shell's. Another good spot is the Beach and Station Street Grill.

A good hole in the wall for beer and burgers is the Port A Beach Lodge.
Premium
AG
Videoman said:

I am curious about what is happening for resorts/restaurants/etc for Mustang Island near Aransas Pass Tx. I have heard that Mustang Island is developing with some 'high end' resorts and with some nice restaurants. My google search is not a lot of help---so turned to TexAgs for some Aggie advice. Wife and I are looking for a few day get-away soon and tho we are not bikini, beach folks we like the Coast. Any suggestions? We have spent several weekend retreats in the Galveston area but we want to do something different. Just want good scenes, good food available and do not plan to do any fishing. Thanks for your help.

I've only been twice but we're buying a beach house vacation rental in Port Aransas this month. Nearby the shells restaurant someone mentioned.

We ate at Trout Street and Virginias on the Bay - expected Trout St to be better but we were actually more satisfied with Virginias food (although their service was a little slow) - wife had fresh Mahi and I had a fried fish sandwich which was one of the best I've ever had. Trout Street was a little more upscale.

We didn't eat at Roosevelts but I hear it's one of the best places for dinner - and I'll be sure to try it next time I'm in town. And next time we go and don't have toddlers we will probably try out Venetian Hot Plate (although the location isn't tops) based on Yelp reviews alone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.