Working in port lavaca every other week

4,722 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Chicken Ranch
Magnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
need ideas on where to live. Apt? Motel? Anyone looking to rent a spare room?
The Chicken Ranch
AG
There are the usual chain hotels.

Call one of the local realtors (Russell Cain) and see if they have any deals on long term rentals or know someone who does. With it being the off-season, you may be able to find a bay house to rent instead of a motel. There aren't that many places to eat, so you will get tired of eating out.
petey88

any other info is appreciated,...

Have been thinking of moving to that area. Took early retirement, so only have looked around online for info. Restaurants are not a priority as I don't eat out much at all. I had a business peer advise me a little bit, as he is retiring there soon. He already has a house about paid off.

Potcake
AG
Art's Fish House is good, though.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I am still very partial to Barkett's in Seadrift. In Port Lavaca both La Antigua and Texas Traditions are good. The Green Iguana is good for lunch.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
petey88 said:

Have been thinking of moving to that area. Took early retirement, so only have looked around online for info. Restaurants are not a priority as I don't eat out much at all. I had a business peer advise me a little bit, as he is retiring there soon. He already has a house about paid off.

I have three vacant lots for sale in Port Alto. It isn't right on the water, but it is across the street from the water and has an amazing water view on two sides. It is listed with a realtor. It is about 2/3 of an acre with trees (Live Oak and Palm) I can send you the link on Zillow if you want to see it.
aggieband 83
AG
Port Lavaca has a city owned RV Park. It is called Lighthouse Beach RV Park. The city periodically hauls sand to the beach and smooths it out. When I go camping there I am 15' from my camper to having my toes in the sand. There is a very nice lighted fishing pier. If you have access to a camper that would be a nice option.
GtownRAB
AG
I work with several contractors and this is what they do. Buy an rv and live at the "beach" for cheap while they work, then sell it when they are done with it.

Shellfish has good food, but is overpriced. Texas tradition has more homestyle food and is much better value for what you get and homemade cakes and pies. Arts has good shrimp and crawfish boil platters.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Is Art's still open? Is this the place in the center where TSC is?
Magnus
Well I got settled in nicely. Work ended up providing me a spot to stay in. Art's is still by the TSC and there is a nice YMCA in between. Very nice.

La Antigua is my new favorite place. I go there every Saturday morning at 0930 and meet one of my old high school teachers. Feel free to say hey if you're around-we sit in the very back. I'm in town every other week.

83- I was BBATT 97. Very cool.

GtownRAB-- if that's Georgetown then that's where my home and family are. Small world.

Chicken ranch- thanks for the advice.

Feel free to join us for breakfast sometime you all.
TheGroupGuy
I live in POC and have a spare room. User name at g m a I l
Premium
AG
TheGroupGuy said:

I live in POC and have a spare room. User name at g m a I l

This guy likes groups, user name checks out.
petey88
The Chicken Ranch said:

petey88 said:

I have three vacant lots for sale in Port Alto. It isn't right on the water, but it is across the street from the water and has an amazing water view on two sides. It is listed with a realtor. It is about 2/3 of an acre with trees (Live Oak and Palm) I can send you the link on Zillow if you want to see it.

still listed ?
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Yes!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/774-Marshall-Johnson-Ave-S-Port-Lavaca-TX-77979/2095816065_zpid/

Here4Beer
AG
I've been in Port Alto a time or two. How long have you owned that property?
The Chicken Ranch
AG
About 15 years.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Yes!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/774-Marshall-Johnson-Ave-S-Port-Lavaca-TX-77979/2095816065_zpid/

TTT. I still have this property for sale.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.