Moving to Corpus

1,909 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by adefect
adefect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

Looks like I will highly likely be moving to Corpus here in the next couple of weeks. I plan on renting an apartment or possible small house ( depending on cost) and was wondering if y'all could suggest areas to look or complex to recommend? Those to avoid? No children so schools don't matter. Will be working at Christus Spohn. Hoping to keep it under 800+ utilities a month. Any suggestions as well on places to eat or things to do??

If anyone wants to meet up when I get there first rounds on me!
lazuras_dc
AG
Your best best is Bay Vista or Bay Vista Point. Close to downtown and some decent apartments.
You could also go southside, which is essentially emcompassed from everhart to roddfield, south of holly rd.
Don't have any specific recommendations there.

As far as things to do and places to eat, there are some other threads here that talk about that. A lot of people complain that Corpus doesnt offer much but there is plenty to do if you put yourself out there.

Check out www.saltyaggies.com for happy hours, events to meet a good group of local ags to get to know.
adefect
Thanks!
Aggie87
AG
There are 3 Christus Spohn hospitals - Christus Spohn Shoreline, Christus Spohn Memorial, and Christus Spohn South.

I wouldn't choose a place near Memorial to live, if that's the one where you're working.

If you're working at the South location, there are a number of apartment complexes in the vicinity, many fairly new ones.

The Shoreline hospital is close to downtown and not too far from some apartments along Ocean Drive. There's a new complex on the corner of Ocean & Airline (Villas of Ocean Drive), and some older ones before those. And the Bay Points mentioned above, of course.
adefect
Awesome, thanks! It will most likely be at the South campus.
lazuras_dc
AG
There are some new apartments on Holly and Airline that are fairly close to Spohn South right by the Athletic Club that are nice.
adefect
I'll check them out!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.