Trip to corpus christi

5,767 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Tursiops93
nickaggie13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Me and my gf are planning a weekend trip to corpus christi and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on fun things to do around corpus/ port a? I was thinking uss lexington, beach, and maybe golf at Newport dunes. Any other suggestions or better alternatives? It is my first time going to corpus. Thanks in advance.
tukAg10
AG
The aquarium is good, a bit expensive, but good. It's right next to the Lexington too.

Check the Hook's (baseball) schedule, I think friday night games they have fireworks?

Are you staying in Corpus, Port A, or the Island? I enjoy the nightlife the most in downtown corpus
Hotmess11
The bf and I went to Corpus at the end of June, did both the Lexington, and the Aquarium. We both like history, so we expected to enjoy the Lex more than we did, unfortunately it didn't quite live up to the expectations we had, and it was ridiculously hot, so a heads up on that.
We enjoyed the aquarium much more, and spent most of the day there.
CCAgDad
S
Go fishing with Capt Paul Braly! He'll put you on the fish.
nickaggie13
AG
I am going to stay in Corpus, it looks like a couple miles away from the USS Lexington. We'll have to check out the aquarium too. I didn't realize Port Aransas was as far away from Corpus Christi as it is so I might have to scratch my golfing plans bummer(I'm an avid golfer). I might have to check out the fishing as well if time permits. I've never been salt water fishing so that would be fun. Thanks for the suggestions!
lazuras_dc
AG
Id much rather see Aquarium than Lexington. Go eat at Hester's in the ARt Museum and Republic of TX in the Omni.

If you are an avid golfer Newport Dunes/Pamilla Beach is def. worth the drive, make a Port A day out of it, go eat a burger at Port A brewing company and go to the beach.
Candiru
AG
Any comment on the N Padre beach and the seaweed currently? Going to Gulfstream Condos next week with the family. Thanks.
padreislandagfan
Go to a HOOKS game!!
Eat at: water street seafood , republic of Texas (try the axis steak) and dragonfly restaurant on the island.
Seaweed is getting better.
Spend beach time on north padre. Port A is trash and nortbeach near the LEX is just the bay .
Enjoy! And please leave it cleaner than you found it

[This message has been edited by Padreislandagfan (edited 7/21/2014 11:11p).]
lp01
AG
We were at the beach on N Padre today. Lots of seaweed in the water, but not as bad as it was just a few weeks ago from what I've read and been told.
ValantiLogistics
For local vibe. Corpus B and J pizza (near Century 16 theatre), also. Surf Club in downtown Corpus. Thai Cottage in Corpus Crazy Cajun in Port A. New golf course in Port A.. Port Royal best place stay if headed to beach great pool. If headed to baseball game stop by Brewsters for food and drinks
ValantiLogistics
Sushi either Sushi Bar downtown Corpus or Imperial Cafe
ValantiLogistics
If want something romantic: Republic of Texas. ( expensive but romantic). Or try mama Mia's for Italian ( great atmosphere accept cash only). Both restruarants downtown. All chain restruarants fast food are off of SPID
ValantiLogistics
If want lil flavor of Vietnamese food and some Aggie support. Dat Nguyen ex Aggie LB family has restruarants called Hu Dat. But the best romantic Vietnam restruarant is Vietnam Restraurant in downtown.
ValantiLogistics
North Shore golf course is another good course
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
ValantiLogistics said:

Is this still a true statement?
will.mcg
AG
From what I understand it's a bit rough. But I've never played it.
lazuras_dc
AG
I think it is still in decent shape but its a tough course as far as difficulty (wind/setup/etc)
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Just played it. It was a fun course. The par three on the water was a really cool hole. Not in tip top shape, but still fun. Now playing in 30-35 mph winds is another story!
Micah97
AG
Newport dunes is worth the drive. It's only 30 min or so to get there from corpus.
Pro Sandy
AG
Went to the new aquarium exhibit Friday. WOW. Been going to the aquarium since 1990 and they never disappointed, except maybe the massive fish kill, but they have gone over the top with the new Caribbean Sea exhibit.
mazzag
AG
The yardarm restaurant is incredible and the summer place motel looks awesome to stay at.
Tursiops93
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

ValantiLogistics said:

Is this still a true statement?
Not the last time I played it (About a year ago). The conditions were not very good anymore. Palmilla Beach on Mustang Island (Port A) is great!
Tursiops93
AG
Pro Sandy said:

Went to the new aquarium exhibit Friday. WOW. Been going to the aquarium since 1990 and they never disappointed, except maybe the massive fish kill, but they have gone over the top with the new Caribbean Sea exhibit.
Agreed! We just went this weekend and they did a GREAT job with the aquarium renovations! Awesome assortment of exhibits and species!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.