Restaurant Recs - Lufkin

2,962 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cc10106
LateAg16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will be in Lufkin for a quick weekend trip next month and wondering if there are any must-try type places to eat. Thanks!
DavisGary88
After living here a year, I'm not sure there is a must try. The Catch and The Crawfish shack have been a couple of our favorites.
Stringer Well
AG
Pelican Pointe
RushHour
Manhattan's downtown is nice.
CenterHillAg
AG
Nothing especially memorable, Mom's Diner is about the only place that hasn't been mentioned that's worth a try too. The blue taco van at Montrose and Finley just off Timberland and Denman or Taqueria Marley at Raguet and Abney are pretty good too.
DavisGary88
I forgot to add, but if you have time, The Fredonia Hotel in Nacogdoches has been really good and consistent. Decent bar as well.
RushHour
DavisGary88 said:

I forgot to add, but if you have time, The Fredonia Hotel in Nacogdoches has been really good and consistent. Decent bar as well.
I'd recommend this as well, if you're open to a short drive. I've got a client who lives in Lufkin, and any time I take him out to dinner he insists on leaving Lufkin to go to Republic Steakhouse at The Fredonia.
Carioca Corredor
AG
RushHour said:

DavisGary88 said:

I'd recommend this as well, if you're open to a short drive. I've got a client who lives in Lufkin, and any time I take him out to dinner he insists on leaving Lufkin to go to Republic Steakhouse at The Fredonia.
Was visiting in Nac and ate at Republic twice in two weeks end of July. First visit ate solo at the bar. Second visit w a group. Each time was a great experience having the ribeye. They are only open Thursday-Sunday
TAMU1990
AG
Herraduras Mexican Grill is REALLY good. Better than any Mexican in B/CS.
cc10106
Ray's Drive-In
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.