Lindale Vs Bullard

5,151 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nonregdrummer09
calbrown08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious on opinions living on the North side vs South of Tyler? I understand alot of the growth is happening South. However, I like the shorter route of getting back to Dallas. We're looking to build on around 20 acres in either area. We have a small family that will be starting schools soon. Thanks!
J_Landes89
AG
If a quick route to Dallas is that important, live in west Tyler or Lindale for sure.

Loop 49 helps shave 20-30 mins off to Dallas for Tyler folks now.

Email if you need help or have any questions!

John @thecatongroup.com. No spaces
rooftop18403
Both have good schools but all in all I would lean Lindale. Better community events, more diverse future growth, nicer adjacent towns, much easier to Dallas to anywhere else except South Tyler. If you have a young family youth sports are stronger in Lindale and if your an older couple it's not even close.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
If you like the lake life, go south young man.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I know it's not the answer you're looking for. When we moved here we looked at both Lindale and south Tyler.

In the end, We went inside the loop of Tyler. 10 minutes from the kids school. Cathedral and Chapel are 10 minutes either direction, 15 minutes from my office. Close to everything.

Nice neighborhood, quiet block. Easy to hit loop and 110 to 20 to get to dfw, or other way to Shreveport.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
RushHour
I live in Bullard.

There isn't much going on in Bullard, or places to go. The benefits of Bullard are the school district, and being 10 minutes from Jacksonville and 10 Minutes from south Tyler.

Lindale will offer easier access to I20, but unfortunately be 30 minutes from South Tyler which, as stated before, is where all the growth is occuring.

The upside is that Lindale is relatively self-sustaining with a Brookshires, Lowes, multiple restaurants, WalMart, etc, so the need to go "into town" is much less than with Bullard which only has a handful a restaurants and a Brookshires.

Hope this helps.
AGC
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

I know it's not the answer you're looking for. When we moved here we looked at both Lindale and south Tyler.

In the end, We went inside the loop of Tyler. 10 minutes from the kids school. Cathedral and Chapel are 10 minutes either direction, 15 minutes from my office. Close to everything.

Nice neighborhood, quiet block. Easy to hit loop and 110 to 20 to get to dfw, or other way to Shreveport.

Since you have a young family I'd add that if you ever think you'll go to the zoo or other kid places like it Bullard makes those a big thing since they're inside the loop or downtown. It's much less of a jaunt when you're just south of the loop and you don't feel committed to a whole day of running all your errands too. You could also go East for land but not the school districts you're looking for. If you're considering private there are a lot of options and flavors depending on if you want a completely immersive experience (school, church, neighborhood) or commuter.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
For sure.

The zoo is a bimonthly visit for us, as well as discovery science center. (5 kids. 7,5,3,2,3 months) Being able to hop on the loop and be at the zoo in 10 minutes or at the science center in 10 by going up old Bullard and hitting broadway is nice.

Going to south Tyler is where we groan as it takes forever to get there so we really limit our trips and make sure it's a bigger affair. We are just at loop and old Jacksonville so we can at least hit old Jack and then Cumberland to go across and skip all the South broadway cluster.
BMOC86
AG
Lindale Schools may be the best in the state, seriously!!! Award winning
Multiple Aggies in upper administration also
jickyjack1
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

For sure.

The zoo is a bimonthly visit for us, as well as discovery science center. (5 kids. 7,5,3,2,3 months) Being able to hop on the loop and be at the zoo in 10 minutes or at the science center in 10 by going up old Bullard and hitting broadway is nice.

Going to south Tyler is where we groan as it takes forever to get there so we really limit our trips and make sure it's a bigger affair. We are just at loop and old Jacksonville so we can at least hit old Jack and then Cumberland to go across and skip all the South broadway cluster.

Am I confused? Loop 323 and the Old Jacksonville Highway are pretty much the definition of south Tyler, aren't they? Maybe one road over to Old Bullard Road. They're the gateways to all things south . . . both directions.
jickyjack1
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Well we are new here so maybe that's the definition.?.?

Anything loop and south on broadway is miserable. I pretty much clarify south Tyler as around grande and south… just seems to be where the traffic is worst.
calbrown08
AG
Can you expand more! Interesting!!
BMOC86
AG
Lindale is one of the best public schools in the state, academically and extracurricular
Research it
AGC
AG
jickyjack1 said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

For sure.

Am I confused? Loop 323 and the Old Jacksonville Highway are pretty much the definition of south Tyler, aren't they? Maybe one road over to Old Bullard Road. They're the gateways to all things south . . . both directions.

That's old south Tyler. The first subdivision south of 323 was built in the early 1960s (behind the mall). Stuff now has been pulled much farther south by flint and Bullard.

In fact, I live just outside the loop but head downtown to go out to eat with my family or for date nights. Much less crowded and a better vibe.

Edit: if you're with caton and office back behind fresh where he used to be you should know! Tons of rooftops and residential going up by you and Jack extending much much further south
AGC
AG
BMOC86 said:

Lindale is one of the best public schools in the state, academically and extracurricular
Research it

I recommend taking a trip and touring the school. Research only goes so far. A friend toured a decent elementary in town (not Lindale) and not a single class they observed was actually teaching. They were all taking unscheduled breaks but at the same time. The friend decided to go a different route. If you have the opportunity to go private and choose to Lindale won't be close at all.
PeekingDuck
AG
Lindale isn't close to being one of the best schools in Texas. What a strange comment. College readiness there is terribly low. It is likely the best general public school in the area, but that's about it.
BMOC86
AG
I do believe you are wrong……in fact way wrong!!
PeekingDuck
AG
https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/texas/districts/lindale-independent-school-district/lindale-high-school-19454#overview_section
rooftop18403
PeekingDuck said:

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/texas/districts/lindale-independent-school-district/lindale-high-school-19454#overview_section
Weak argument. College and life success are based on personal decisions/ determination not what a high school can do for you. Its by far the best in the area. Number 1 doesn't count.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG

PeekingDuck
AG
It's not an argument. It's just a response to a comment stating it was one of the best schools in Texas. It isn't. But it is functional and I agree with the rest of your comment.
billtheag89
AG
Whitehouse ISD includes a good chunk of SE Tyler below Shiloh. Loop 49 shaves off 10-20 minutes off a trip to DFW, but can't compete with Lindale if that is your main criteria. Reportedly, HAWL (Hideaway Lake) has a significant number of pilots that live out that way.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/texas/rankings/tyler-tx-46340

If you are looking for acreage, south of Whitehouse gets better in pricing. Troup and Arp schools have also improved. All 3 have good FFA if you are looking for good ag programs while still having college prep available. Most of the schools now have AP and/or dual credit with TJC. Some of our kids are graduating with 30-48 hours.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Personal experience I suppose, but I graduated from LHS and can that attest it has the resources to take you anywhere you want to be.

Graduated with folks who are doing incredible things and have great careers. It's a general public high school, so I graduated with folks who did very poorly too, it's all about what you make of it, but I would put them up academically with just about any rural public high school in the state.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.