Nathaniel Moran

3,545 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TOM-M
RockOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kltv.com/2021/12/02/smith-county-judge-nathaniel-moran-officially-announces-congressional-candidacy/

Known him personally for years and think he'll do just well.
Stive
AG
Awesome man of principle and integrity. I'm not sure he can break through the craziness that is DC but if there's someone I know that I'd love to have up there trying it's him.

Based on who's running right now, I think he wins the primary going away.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Has my support
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
AggieGunslinger
AG
I don't know the guy personally but I thought he handled 2020 about as well as could be expected.
Dro07
AG
I was wondering how this would effect the new courthouse.
Stive
AG
Dro07 said:

I was wondering how this would effect the new courthouse.

He has every intention to keep pushing forward on the new courthouse with next years election. It should be on the ballot assuming there isn't another round of Covid shutdowns or anything weird like that.
DuncanLEO
This has been some time coming. Nathaniel is good people, we would be fortunate to have him in congress.
TOM-M
Issued stay at home order.

I live on the right side of the Neches (district 5, but pay a bunch of taxes in 1) so I can't vote for him, but if I could I wouldn't.
Stive
AG
TOM-M said:

I live on the right side of the Neches (district 5, but pay a bunch of taxes in 1) so I can't vote for him, but if I could I wouldn't.

Um….no he didn't.
AGC
AG
Stive said:

TOM-M said:

Um….no he didn't.

I assume he means this:

https://tylerpaper.com/explaining-a-stay-at-home-order-coronavirus-cases-now-at-27-in-smith-county/article_fee2d54e-7052-11ea-97c3-8b4bd5f20eab.html

So yes he did.
Stive
AG
AGC said:

Stive said:

TOM-M said:

Um….no he didn't.

I assume he means this:

https://tylerpaper.com/explaining-a-stay-at-home-order-coronavirus-cases-now-at-27-in-smith-county/article_fee2d54e-7052-11ea-97c3-8b4bd5f20eab.html

So yes he did.

Ah yes I apologize and stand corrected on my timelines. The order that said non-essential businesses can continue operating they just had to lock their doors and minimize customer interaction. (even non-essential retail). I think that was the one that he caught flack initially from the governor on (for being way too liberal) then 2 months later when the state was still being openly stringent, some of the Austin news started interviewing him about how he was pushing back on Abbott's overreaches.

What a terrifying example of local governing that was.

Well….with the chaos that was going on during that month, and the unknowns about the virus up to that point, I'll give him a pass on that loose paper 100 times out of a 100. Even the Grass Roots group (the single most conservative lobbying pod in East Texas) high fived him and gave a nod of approval on that one. But if that's your sticking point on not voting for him I'm afraid you're going to be grossly disappointed in the electoral slate for 99.9% of elections in the country.
AGC
AG
Shortest post office line I ever stood in back then. Wish he'd do it again.
Dro07
AggieGunslinger
AG
We went skiing for the first time this year, back in March when a lot of the country was still locked down. It was great, round trip flights were 250, hotels and rental cars were cheap, etc. This year not so much, we were joking that the blue states locking down again wouldn't be terrible.
TOM-M
Stive said:

AGC said:

Stive said:

TOM-M said:

Um….no he didn't.

I assume he means this:

So yes he did.

Ah yes I apologize and stand corrected on my timelines. The order that said non-essential businesses can continue operating they just had to lock their doors and minimize customer interaction. (even non-essential retail).

Yes sir, that one he "didn't" issue. That was originally for 2 weeks, then extended for another couple and I don't recall after that. With a $1000/180 day jail violation threat. That most certainly did lock some non-essential business that didn't fit the non-public exception.

I think that was the one that he caught flack initially from the governor on (for being way too liberal) then 2 months later when the state was still being openly stringent, some of the Austin news started interviewing him about how he was pushing back on Abbott's overreaches.

Wheels screwed the Wuflu pooch big time, way I see it. And continues to. Anything less is just that - less.

What a terrifying example of local governing that was.

Well….with the chaos that was going on during that month, and the unknowns about the virus up to that point, I'll give him a pass on that loose paper 100 times out of a 100.

Terrifying? Hardly. But indicative, IMO, of a propensity to exercise authority, particularly when an issue is of the "unknowns". In other words, acting when you're not sure what you're acting about because you can (or at the very least pressured to). There's a certain level of public service arrogance there that sticks in my craw.

Slippery slope territory. Precedent setting (intentional or not) and sadly so easily accepted by a huge chunk of the populace. Again, IMO....your mileage apparently varies and that's OK.

Even the Grass Roots group (the single most conservative lobbying pod in East Texas) high fived him and gave a nod of approval on that one.

Talking about GAWTP? Good group. I attend on occasion and try to stay current with their correspondence. Don't recall the high five, but I'll take your word for it.

But if that's your sticking point on not voting for him I'm afraid you're going to be grossly disappointed in the electoral slate for 99.9% of elections in the country.

So far, in over 40 years of voting, I've been disappointed in 100% of the candidates I've voted for to varying degree (heck, having been elected twice several moons ago and in hindsight, I'm not absolutely pleased with myself). "Grossly" fits guys like Cornyn, a title I doubt Moran would ever earn. That said, my self-imposed litmus test for primaries is liberty/limited government and I do believe the last couple of years RE-action to COVID sheds some light on candidates with prior official authority.
Like I said, I can't vote the 1 race anyway. No doubt in my mind Moran is a stand up guy with the best of intentions, but track records cause me pause ("I wouldn't" was admittedly harsh) when it's time to pull a ballot trigger and I didn't appreciate his order (or any of the others) one bit back when...choked a lot of business, not to mention enabling the incremental movement from citizen to subject that simply has to stop.

Work hard to get Moran elected if you're sold, that's the way it should be. I believe there's some mighty big shoes to fill with Gohmert's change of direction. Hopeful nothing here comes across as confrontational. Merry Christmas.
TOM-M
If anyone's interested...

Link to D1 US Rep Republican primary candidate forum livestream by GAWTP. 1/13/22, livestream starts at 6:00 p.m.

https://boxcast.tv/view/grassroots-america-181800

Or go to Holiday Inn conference Center on Broadway.

Sounds like McDaniel won't be there but the other 3 candidates are committed.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.