Looking to hire in East Texas

4,796 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TreeFarmer
TreeFarmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy folks. My name is Ed Donnelly, I'm class of '91. I posted this on the job board, but thought I would take my chances here as well.

My wife and I own Sorelle Tree Farm and Bob Wells Nursery in Mineola, TX. We're looking to fill a couple of roles here at the farm. I'd love to hire an Aggie. If you know of anyone that might be a good fit, hard working and smart, please send them my way.

Thanks,

Bob Wells Nursery at Sorelle Farms is a local, family-owned and operated nursery in Mineola, TX. We are currently searching for a full-time employee for nursery sales and operations.

As the largest provider of edible plants and trees in Texas and surrounding states, we are seeking assistance for both our retail and wholesale clients. Our specialties include fruit & nut trees, grapevines, berry vines, tropical fruit trees and shade trees.

Job Summary:
A Nursery Sales Assistant
  • Assists customers with all questions and sales related to our nursery products, while working in a fast-paced environment, independently or as part of a team.
  • Participate and assist in office duties
  • The ideal candidate must be reliable, flexible, organized, detail oriented and a positive team player.

Duties and Responsibilities:
  • Assist customers with plant purchases
  • Answer customer phone calls and emails with questions and product inquiries
  • Process orders for wholesale and retail customers
  • Pull nursery stock to fulfill wholesale and retail customer orders
  • Load customer vehicles with plants and bulk material including bagged mulch
  • Sweep, rake, shovel, care for plants (hand-water, control weeds)
  • Assist in loading and unloading delivery trucks, trailers, and semis
  • Other duties as needed or requested

Skills:
  • Excellent communication skills.
  • Attention to detail
  • Self-directed worker with ability to prioritize tasks and delegate work load, particularly in response to high demand
  • Excellent attendance
  • Ability to climb, squat, bend, twist, and stand for extended periods of time
  • Ability to lift 10-50 pounds
  • Willing to work flexible and long hours during peak season, with some Saturdays

Qualifications and Requirements:
  • Experience working in a nursery environment is required
  • High School diploma required
  • Associates or Bachelor's degree in horticulture or related field is a plus
  • Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
  • Basic computer proficiency including email experience required; knowledge and use of Microsoft Office software required
  • A love of working outdoors with plants
  • Background check required

Working Conditions
Nursery operates year around with exposure to all seasons and weather conditions. Candidate must be willing to work in cold, hot, humid, rainy, and windy conditions.

Job Type: Full-time

Please send your resume to wholesale@sorellefarms.com, or reply here with your contact info.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Can't help ya on the job front, but we are looking for a tree to put in a hole in our front yard.

Wife really wants a pink dogwood or Some
Kind of hydrangea tree?

Any chance you have those? We've shopped all over Tyler and can't find what she is looking for. Happy to buy from an Ag.
TreeFarmer
AG
Thanks for reaching out. Yes, we do have Pink Dogwood in stock, but don't have any Hydrangea. I also have other flowering/ornamental trees in stock.

I'd wait a few weeks until it cools down to plant, but come and see us anytime and I'll be glad to help you out.

Thanks.
SFarver
AG
TreeFarmer said:

Howdy folks. My name is Ed Donnelly, I'm class of '91. I posted this on the job board, but thought I would take my chances here as well.

My wife and I own Sorelle Tree Farm and Bob Wells Nursery in Mineola, TX. We're looking to fill a couple of roles here at the farm. I'd love to hire an Aggie. If you know of anyone that might be a good fit, hard working and smart, please send them my way.

Thanks,

Bob Wells Nursery at Sorelle Farms is a local, family-owned and operated nursery in Mineola, TX. We are currently searching for a full-time employee for nursery sales and operations.

As the largest provider of edible plants and trees in Texas and surrounding states, we are seeking assistance for both our retail and wholesale clients. Our specialties include fruit & nut trees, grapevines, berry vines, tropical fruit trees and shade trees.

Job Summary:
A Nursery Sales Assistant
  • Assists customers with all questions and sales related to our nursery products, while working in a fast-paced environment, independently or as part of a team.
  • Participate and assist in office duties
  • The ideal candidate must be reliable, flexible, organized, detail oriented and a positive team player.

Duties and Responsibilities:
  • Assist customers with plant purchases
  • Answer customer phone calls and emails with questions and product inquiries
  • Process orders for wholesale and retail customers
  • Pull nursery stock to fulfill wholesale and retail customer orders
  • Load customer vehicles with plants and bulk material including bagged mulch
  • Sweep, rake, shovel, care for plants (hand-water, control weeds)
  • Assist in loading and unloading delivery trucks, trailers, and semis
  • Other duties as needed or requested

Skills:
  • Excellent communication skills.
  • Attention to detail
  • Self-directed worker with ability to prioritize tasks and delegate work load, particularly in response to high demand
  • Excellent attendance
  • Ability to climb, squat, bend, twist, and stand for extended periods of time
  • Ability to lift 10-50 pounds
  • Willing to work flexible and long hours during peak season, with some Saturdays

Qualifications and Requirements:
  • Experience working in a nursery environment is required
  • High School diploma required
  • Associates or Bachelor's degree in horticulture or related field is a plus
  • Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
  • Basic computer proficiency including email experience required; knowledge and use of Microsoft Office software required
  • A love of working outdoors with plants
  • Background check required

Working Conditions
Nursery operates year around with exposure to all seasons and weather conditions. Candidate must be willing to work in cold, hot, humid, rainy, and windy conditions.

Job Type: Full-time

Please send your resume to wholesale@sorellefarms.com, or reply here with your contact info.
I hope you were able to find someone. I am not a good fit, but I recently moved to Bullard and would like to get some blueberry bushes and grapevines. Do you know if you have the Carlos grapes?
TreeFarmer
AG
Sorry, I just saw your question. My apologies for not responding sooner. We do have blueberry in stock. Muscadine are sold out until the fall. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.