Cell Phone Carrier in Tyler?

1,652 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by h1frogman
H1frogman88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We currently have AT&T for cell phones and they work great everywhere with the exception of in my house . . . my in-laws have AT&T and it's the same thing, constantly dropping calls or going dead for periods of time. We live in south Tyler, close to Fresh, so you would think service would be decent.

We are thinking about switching. For anyone that has T-Mobile, Verizon, other? in the Tyler area, can you let me know your experience with cell service.

TIA
RockOn
Can you not do wi-fi calling? This should solve any connectivity problems inside the house.

I dropped my expensive phone bill years ago for Mint Mobile. I prepay for an entire year at $15/month. I'm mostly on Tmobile towers, but probably use wi-fi calling 95% of the time.
RockOn
That said, Verizon is really good in the area if you're set on a major carier.
hoopla
AggieGunslinger
AG
I spend a lot of time all over rural ETX and use Verizon. They have much better coverage, for every time I don't have coverage and someone else does there are 10 times that I have coverage and other carriers don't.

Edit: I live in Tyler.
Stive
AG
H1frogman88 said:

We currently have AT&T for cell phones and they work great everywhere with the exception of in my house . . . my in-laws have AT&T and it's the same thing, constantly dropping calls or going dead for periods of time. We live in south Tyler, close to Fresh, so you would think service would be decent.

We are thinking about switching. For anyone that has T-Mobile, Verizon, other? in the Tyler area, can you let me know your experience with cell service.

TIA

Yeah my office is just south of Fresh and there's definitely an ATT "hole" in that area.

Wireless Is your friend in the home, or like others said, Verizon tends to have better overall coverage in East Texas.
h1frogman
Thanks everyone
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.