Tyler Internet

2,992 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PeekingDuck
Thinice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's the best option for high speed Internet?

Thanks!!!
Txgunrnnr
AG
Suddenlink. The only option.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
RockOn
yup
Dro07
AG
Get ready for the worst and only high speed option available where they don't care if you cancel cuz they know you are going to come back. They were bad before but then Altice bought them out and it got worse believe it or not.
J_Landes89
AG
I ask this seriously, how can we open the door to competition here in Tyler?

Is it government action? Are there current Tyler/Altice deals in place that would discourage competition?

Is it just because they have been here and are established, leading other companies to think pointless to fight for spce here?

Dro07
AG
I dont think its just Tyler right? Cable companies have certain regions and you cant choose outside of that. Its probably a gentlemens agreement that you see with some grocery stores where they wont go in to areas because of all the infrastructure that they have invested into it. I really haven't heard of anyone really liking their cable company. They all suck but some suck less than others.
Post removed:
by user
Dro07
AG
oh ya but 10-20mbs isnt for me
jickyjack1
dromo07 said:

Get ready for the worst and only high speed option available where they don't care if you cancel cuz they know you are going to come back. They were bad before but then Altice bought them out and it got worse believe it or not.

I believe Altice is a French company. My computer guru, who is excellent, says they are idiots.
jickyjack1
PeekingDuck
AG
Which modem do you guys use with Suddenlink?
Dro07
AG
[url]NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 - Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0781VN7W5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_82THEMFRFW542WTTJKBK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1[/url]

This is what I got
PeekingDuck
AG
Thanks, I'll grab that one. It was either that or the Motorola. Suddenlink doesn't seem to have approved modems.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.