Best place to buy a car

2,595 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ptothemo
SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got rear ended Saturday after Christmas and sure enough they are going to total out my truck. (This was my dream truck btw, 2002 f150 king ranch. Only had 110,000 miles on her).

Anywho, I now have the enjoyable experience of trying to find something and quick. Lucky me, the at faults insurance is crap and is trying to force my hands quickly. I get to call the supervisors supervisor first thing tomorrow to discuss many things.

Any good recs for dealers or used lots?
Dro07
AG
Can you salvage the title and get it repaired or don't want to deal with that?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Not sure. They offered a salvage quote... around 5k. but it is considerably less that the repair costs I think.

What ticks me off, is they are canceling my rental as of tomorrow and I won't even get to see the offer paperwork and total determination work up until it arrived via mail.... and then if we agree to something they will mail me a check.

I'm headed to the body shop in the morning to see. I also want to try and keep the truck at my residence until the claim is settled. They want to tow it to a lot in Longview that won't charge them storage.
AsburyAg
AG
For used - I've done business with Ray Todd a couple of times. He's on Old J'ville Hwy in Gresham. He's a good guy.

903-534-5459
FirstOnRaceDayAg
AG
If looking for new (and want another Ford) - Lade Ford in Frankston.
RockOn
Give Aaron Manley-Smith a call. His company is Motorphilia
https://www.facebook.com/motorphiliatx/
He's a dealer without the overhead of having a lot. Just tell him what you want and he'll go find it from auctions. Solid guy.
EastTexAg09
There are a couple of 05 F150 King Ranch for sale in Houston. Look on auto trader.

If looking for a new ford, McRae Ford in Jacksonville or Bacon Chevrolet in Jacksonville
ptothemo
AG
The Baconator!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.