House to rent Marshall/Waskom

4,256 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by (removed:10EA24-2)
coachallout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am going to be the new head basketball coach at Waskom High School. We are moving from the Houston area and want to rent a house to make sure we like the area. If anyone knows of any thing please let me know. Need a minimum of 3 bed 2 bath for the family. Thanks.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
If your willing to drive form Tyler each day, we are moving from a great 3/2 duplex in early July. Need someone to take over our lease or I'm on the hook until December.. Otherwise I can't help much. Sorry.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
jagvocate
AG
Wishing you well, Coach. Waskom moved into our district back in 1991 or so and had a lot of good athletes.

easttexasaggie04
AG
I live in Marshall. Did you find anything? Send me an e-mail at dlewis@lewisengineeringco.com
J_Landes89
AG
Could I get some details from you about the duplex in Tyler??
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
email sent.
Shelton98
AG
Tyler to Waskom would be a pretty long haul.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I drive Tyler to Marshall at least once a week, sometimes 3x. There is no way I would make that my daily commute. I would look at Hallsville or if I had to East Longview.

I spent 3 years with a daily commute of 70 miles, one way, don't live west of Longview if you are going to Waskom.
Post removed:
by user
AsburyAg
AG
Agreed. Tyler would be a long trek. Try Hallsville first. Then Longview.

Driving Waskom to Tyler after practice or a late game would get old very fast.
RockOn
Shreveport would be the closest of anything.
Post removed:
by user
RockOn
Nothing about this was going to be optimal
AggieGunslinger
AG
Do they not require you to live in District or your kids to go there?
easttexasaggie04
AG
There are some really cool areas in Shreveport. Also quite a bit of good places to eat. Not everything is a chain like Longview.
coachallout
AG
Thanks for all the help. We found a place on the east side of Marshall. We will be looking to buy within the year. As far as living in the district they understand housing is very limited. Our daughter will be going to school with us. We are very excited to get up there next week and start exploring the area. What are the places to eat and see around Marshall area?
Post removed:
by user
Owlagdad
coachallout said:

Thanks for all the help. We found a place on the east side of Marshall. We will be looking to buy within the year. As far as living in the district they understand housing is very limited. Our daughter will be going to school with us. We are very excited to get up there next week and start exploring the area. What are the places to eat and see around Marshall area?

Marshall has some historical places, look for them. Caddo Lake is unique, do not know if Big Pines fish place is open, heard shady glade in uncertain is real good, Jefferson is antique and tourist trap - used to have good food. Lake o Pines is pretty, Corps of engineer camp grounds-some currently flooded. Old store in Scottsville, state park down 43 past Tatum(Martin Creek) Fuglers hamburger between Marshall and Harleton on 154- looks like dump but food is excellent- lol drove those basketball buses up and down those roads back in the day- good luck. Old coaching bud is with century 21 in Marshall if you want to buy.
coachallout
AG
Thanks for all the info. Where did you coach at if you dont mind me asking? Any advice on how to win some games in East Texas.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Hey! I'm a lifelong Marshall resident and Aggie class of 2004. I'm actually on the Marshall City Council and own a business here. I'd love to share some recommendations of stuff to do.

Food:
Pizza: Pietros
BBQ: Riverport BBQ in Jefferson
Upscale: Ginnachio
Mexican: Ki Mexico in Shreveport
Pizza again: Franks in Shreveport

If you play golf or have kids who like to swim you should consider joining Marshall Lakeside Country Club. It's very reasonable.

Email me at dlewis@lewisengineeringco.com if I can help.
Owlagdad
coachallout said:

Thanks for all the info. Where did you coach at if you dont mind me asking? Any advice on how to win some games in East Texas.

No real advice, except out athlete your opponent and keep them eligible. Waskom always has a good run of kids- in crops - every few years a good bunch followed by lean years
coachallout
AG
Well we have now been here a week. We love it. Pietros is reall good and owner was very nice. Cajun Tex is good as well. Saw my team play last night in summer league. Think we have a shot to turn this thing around. 3 wins last year shouldnt be hard to top.
Post removed:
by user
(removed:10EA24-2)
Coach... Neelys for a Brown Pig, Hushpuppies at Big Pines (Caddo), Rat cheese at T.C Lindsey in Jonesville
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.