Have we talked about Brandon Steele's illegal activities?

17,114 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by suprafly03
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just kidding! Better luck next time Texas Tribune. Some ETX swagger at American State Bank tho!

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/02/16/george-p-bushs-secret-mansion-financed-undisclosed-loan-texas-donor/
Stive
AG
A+ troll! You hooked me line and sinker.
suprafly03
AG
What is the deal with Steele?

He keeps a notorious low profile. He's at BrookHill events pretty regularly though.

But how'd he make all his money? The clear backpack thing was his start, correct? Now KPE, and didn't the Koch brothers help with that? How in the hell did he get hooked up with them? And he's not an engineer, right? Of course the bank and 1000 other businesses...

I'm supremely fascinated by him. He is probably 40 years old and worth a TON, and it's not family money.

I'm not angry, just genuinely curious. I like the guys I know that work for him, they say he's great, so I assume he is...
AGC
AG
Yes, bags. But his dad worked for one of the Koch companies, as the rumor goes, so that's the tie there.

Then they bought Arp State Bank.

I don't know when they started KPE. They have a lot of real estate too which they're slowly building and developing, or selling.

I've never met him personally. People have mixed feelings in the community. I do remember though that he was always at BH fundraising auctions and he was always generous. He'd overbid even if he was the only person bidding to help out the school.
suprafly03
AG
I know the guy that I perceive as being in charge of his real estate. Moved here from the Woodlands a couple of years ago. Seems like a great guy.

What a cool job. Go buy a bunch of land, using someone else's money. You manage it all with a nearly unlimited budget to do upgrades and maintenance as needed.

Grass is always greener I guess.
suprafly03
AG
Also, as I understand it he bought ARP State Bank with a loan from a different bank...

How do you sweet talk a bank into helping you build up a competitor????

Brilliant!
AGC
AG
suprafly03 said:

Also, as I understand it he bought ARP State Bank with a loan from a different bank...

How do you sweet talk a bank into helping you build up a competitor????

Brilliant!

Not as hard as you'd think. Depends on who Steele was competing against...said financing bank have been more worried about them.
AGC
AG
suprafly03 said:

I know the guy that I perceive as being in charge of his real estate. Moved here from the Woodlands a couple of years ago. Seems like a great guy.

What a cool job. Go buy a bunch of land, using someone else's money. You manage it all with a nearly unlimited budget to do upgrades and maintenance as needed.

Grass is always greener I guess.

A cool job yes, but could easily go south too. Development corridors take time and you need deep pockets to get in early and last. Just look at the upheaval of businesses on OJ the past few years and the road hasn't been widened yet. Plus if you're developing bank branches while everyone else is selling them, is it really a prudent strategy? Only time will tell.
suprafly03
AG
I'm talking about recreational use land.

This is hunting/show off land.

I assume he uses Drake for his commercial stuff. That's boring.

Itd be fun to buy stuff with other people's money and get to use it as if it were mine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.