Alright ET let's get political...

23,267 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RockOn
Murphag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone else seen what was posted on ForeverREL,( I think)? That DG or his wife may have embezzled from a government agency, maybe NASA. That he's had to change his name, thus the DG. Any truth to that?

The track girl is from Ghana, just moved here 4 years ago, no clue, just young and stupid. What about her ancestors? They may have profited from slavery! Her home country is inviting all American blacks to move there and they will give them 10 acres or so!

I know someone who has been "debating" him and they keep asking him "When is it going to end?" and he will not answer. That's because his next targets are Tyler churches! They have no respect for anything.

And the school board may bow to ppl like this?
Disgusting
AGC
AG
Mur**** said:

Has anyone else seen what was posted on ForeverREL,( I think)? That DG or his wife may have embezzled from a government agency, maybe NASA. That he's had to change his name, thus the DG. Any truth to that?

The track girl is from Ghana, just moved here 4 years ago, no clue, just young and stupid. What about her ancestors? They may have profited from slavery! Her home country is inviting all American blacks to move there and they will give them 10 acres or so!

I know someone who has been "debating" him and they keep asking him "When is it going to end?" and he will not answer. That's because his next targets are Tyler churches! They have no respect for anything.

Disgusting

I can't speak to embezzlement but I do know a former business partner of his that split on a bad note and doesn't that trust him.

I believe he's been in a few churches locally but I'm not sure where he is now. It's hard being SJW in east Texas.
AGC
AG
TOM-M said:

AGC said:

Josepi said:

Quote:

There will be a hefty price tag to name change both HS! Definitely not a good time to be wasting money that is not in the budget and with a looming revenue and budget cut in the next biennium. These dollars will come at the actual expense of education.
Then maybe the last time this came to vote, the board shouldn't have kicked it down the road. Nobody saw the current economic situation coming, but everyone knew the name change issue wasn't going to go away.
I'm not going to name any names, but I still think it was cowardly that nobody seconded the motion to vote the last time this came up.

Is it less cowardly now, to change with public opinion instead of sticking to whatever principles you had?
Yes. When those principles really didn't exist in the first place.

But WTF do I know (I went to the old Dixie Elementary and JT)?

That's the point. They've always been cowardly. They're politicians. Real principle would have to be articulated in the first place.
Josepi
AG
AGC said:

TOM-M said:

AGC said:

Josepi said:

Is it less cowardly now, to change with public opinion instead of sticking to whatever principles you had?

My comment about it being cowardly is that of the 7 board members there were clearly 2 or 3 members who were pro-name change. The proposal to vote on the issue was nominated, and nobody seconded the motion. Why? Just moments before at least one other board member had voiced his opinion that they believed it was time for the change. Why did that board member not second the motion and bring the issue to a vote?
AGC
AG
Forgive me, I did not mean to offend you. My comment was aimed at the board members.

I object to tax dollars being spent on this, period. I can think of a lot of ways to spend it that will better impact students at the school. I know of some orgs that have been refused access to help students because the superintendent didn't think it had the problems that they'd help address.
pantherag
AG
Mur**** said:

Disgusting

Who is DG or wife?
RockOn
AGC said:

I object to tax dollars being spent on this, period.
What happens when all the financial instutions holding TISD bonds dump them because they don't want to be known to be holding "Robert E Lee Bonds". The increase in interest cost to reissue at maturity or issue new debt would far outweight the cost of chisseling out some concrete and replacing uniforms that get replaced every few years anyways.
AGC
AG
RockOn said:

AGC said:

I object to tax dollars being spent on this, period.
What happens when all the financial instutions holding TISD bonds dump them because they don't want to be known to be holding "Robert E Lee Bonds". The increase in interest cost to reissue at maturity or issue new debt would far outweight the cost of chisseling out some concrete and replacing uniforms that get replaced every few years anyways.

Who are these financial institutions you're envisioning creating such a problem? It has a Texas PSF guarantee no? Investors like yield and tax preference. Are these real issues that have actually occurred or are we speculating?
Murphag
pantherag said:

Mur**** said:

Disgusting

Who is DG or wife?
the guy that started all this mess in 2018. He's not from here and apparently is writing a book. Most ppl think this is all for his book sales.
Murphag
AGC said:

Mur**** said:

Disgusting

I can't speak to embezzlement but I do know a former business partner of his that split on a bad note and doesn't that trust him.

I believe he's been in a few churches locally but I'm not sure where he is now. It's hard being SJW in east Texas.
What I meant is he is already going after Marvin Methodist and First Baptist because their founders had slaves, etc. It's on his page. The next step in his plan.
AGC
AG
Mur**** said:

AGC said:

Mur**** said:

Disgusting

What I meant is he is already going after Marvin Methodist and First Baptist because their founders had slaves, etc. It's on his page. The next step in his plan.

I was not aware of that. Which page? Please don't say FB because I'm not on it.
Dro07
AG
https://www.facebook.com/dg.montalvo

Enjoy oh and becareful and not get dox'd
pantherag
AG
dromo07 said:

https://www.facebook.com/dg.montalvo

Enjoy oh and becareful and not get dox'd

Thanks for sharing. Good lord, who is this guy? I was not aware of him and his cause. Does he work a real job? Seems like his whole time is invested in tarnishing Tyler, TX and everything with it.
Stive
AG
How exactly would he "go after" an entity like First Baptist? Ask them to change their name to "last baptist"?

What is your perception of his "plan"?
AGC
AG
http://www.tylerhistory.org/

I couldn't see his FB because I don't have an account. See for yourself here though on his website. Apparently his goal is to document every last bad thing that happened in Tyler.
Stive
AG
He's documented it and I honestly don't care as long as it's factual and accurate. Wait....that's not totally true....I really don't care either way.

The previous poster said he's "going after them next"...what does that mean? Going after REL High School had an end goal: change the name. Writing an article or blog about a racist preacher at FB Tyler 60 years ago or about a slave owning minister at Marvin 150+ years ago is just that...writing an article or a blog. If he plans on trying to get Marvin to change their name that would seem to be "going after them" in the same spirit that many people have gone after REL. That's why I asked what he meant about "going after" First Baptist...there doesn't seem to be much end game there to fit into the supposed narrative of him having some long term agenda about changing everything in town.
AGC
AG
Oh I agree. That's why I didn't jump on the bandwagon. There's no end goal yet. Though pastoral change and doctrinal change is where I think he's headed given what I find when googling his name. He's bought into critical theory completely - there is always an oppressor and always an oppressed. The first step is finding the wrong, the second is hounding an institution until it acknowledges or apologizes for it, then demanding change on your own terms and claiming nothing else is enough. The goal is transformational, not so much a special reparations fund.
Murphag
Stive said:

He's documented it and I honestly don't care as long as it's factual and accurate. Wait....that's not totally true....I really don't care either way.

The previous poster said he's "going after them next"...what does that mean? Going after REL High School had an end goal: change the name. Writing an article or blog about a racist preacher at FB Tyler 60 years ago or about a slave owning minister at Marvin 150+ years ago is just that...writing an article or a blog. If he plans on trying to get Marvin to change their name that would seem to be "going after them" in the same spirit that many people have gone after REL. That's why I asked what he meant about "going after" First Baptist...there doesn't seem to be much end game there to fit into the supposed narrative of him having some long term agenda about changing everything in town.
Since Memorial Day, have you seen any of these guys stop going after eveything they can think of? Did they stop at Robert E Lee or Jefferson Davis statues? No, they defaced their own statues. I'm afraid some people are thinking "this will never happen in Tyler" and believe this guy will say "Ok, I'm through. I'm happy now". And the President of BET says they are laughing at us everytime something is changed.
Stive
AG
So I'll repeat the question: how would you think he would "go after" First Baptist?

I fully expect them to go after confederate memorials and things named after confederates....especially the ones named during the 50s and 60s. If they're going after other more private entities that were named after someone that owned slaves (Marvin) it's no skin off my nose; I honestly wouldn't even care if I went to church there. The private entity can cave or not...that's their call. And it's the protestors/boycotters right to protest hoping they will change it.

RockOn
https://www.kltv.com/2020/07/16/watch-tyler-isd-board-hold-meeting-renaming-robert-e-lee-john-tyler-campuses/

Tyler ISD board votes 7-0 to change names of both John Tyler and Robert E. Lee high schools

Stive
AG
Let the weeping and gnashing of teeth begin...
Dro07
AG
Did they say how it was going to be funded?
Stive
AG
Based on the articles I read that was a focal point of discussion.

Much of the uniforms were set to be replaced this year anyway and $150,000 was already allocated in the budget for that. Some of the uniforms don't have names/logos on them and can be kept. Others can be patched over for "not much". Signage seemed to be the biggest and is expected to run around $350,000.

Aggie09Derek
AG
Tyler East and Tyler West?
J_Landes89
AG
Thinking they want some "patriotic/unity" type lingo..
Aggie09Derek
AG
Tyler Union/Tyler Confederacy?

Haha jk
Stive
AG
I believe the only thing they've said at this point is "not named after a person".

J_Landes89
AG
Patriotic themes, geographical, etc too
AGC
AG
I look forward to 'Justice', 'Equity', 'Inclusion', and 'Diversity' high.
RockOn
Quote:

The approved proposal says any new school name "may be named after patriotic beliefs, values, desired qualities or aspired outcomes for students or the community, a local, state, or national geographic area, a portion of the school facility may be named after a person who has served the district or community directly."
RockOn
https://etcf.org/tyler-isd-future-fund/

More donations here mean less tax dollars used.
Murphag
I was wrong about his next targets, it's not the churches. The next morning after the name change decision, DG Montalvo (not his real name) had already started going after the Rose Festival, saying it was racist. These people will never stop. He had pictures of one queen and court up on his History of Hate and Racism in Tyler webpage until their parents threatened him with lawsuits. Then the coward took them all down. He is harassing companies, one is Wagner Cadillac, that he is having his people barrage with calls, emails, etc. when he dreams up something racist they are doing. Some calls are coming from all over the world, probably the same ppl he had siging the name change petition. It looks like there is a person from John Tyler that is trying to form a group to stop him, though, specifically calling him out for "going after the churches". His words.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Tyler Legacy
https://tylerpaper.com/robert-e-lee-officially-renamed/article_7b340976-d802-11ea-9f4c-17faf98f3e14.html
ptothemo
AG
Makes me wonder what exactly the school board thinks the legacy is. A rather reasonable view would be that the legacy is counter to the whole reason that the name was changed in the first place.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.