Former Tuscan Slice Location In Tyler

5,304 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BlueMiles
Mike92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife drove by the former Tuscan Slice location in Tyler today and said it looked like someone was gutting the place. There were two large construction dumpsters outside. Does anyone have any inside info about what might be planned for that building?
two93ags
AG
A friend told me she thought it was becoming Aspen Grill.
RockOn
Whatever is will probably fail within the year.

Too many restaurants already, owners are having difficulty finding good waitstaff for the lunch hour. Chicago Pizza and Le Madeline are coming up next.
Stive
AG
Le Madeline is going to do JUST fine here.
RockOn
I agree with that. It has a following that will frequent there all day. But without population growth to match the growth in seats, they'll just take away from other restaurants.

Like pizza places.. Even a place like Gusanos has already fallen of most people's radar.
Dro07
AG
quote:
Like pizza places.. Even a place like Gusanos has already fallen of most people's radar.

Well that's because the place sucks and the food isn't good
Stive
AG
Anyone know what else is on the horizon?
Dro07
AG
Maybe
RockOn
Texas de Brazil has a small sign up on their lot by Swanns on old jv.
Stive
AG
Interesting. I'll go ahead and say that I'll be a bit surprised if that makes it here.
Dro07
AG
Is fuddruckers still in college station where that mexican restaurant used to be?
Josepi
AG
quote:
I can tell you for a fact that Gusanos is not doing well.

I like Texas de Brazil, but it seems like a bit of a novelty restaurant. Do people eat there very often? It's one of those places I would maybe go to once a year. But then again, I consider the hibachi grills like Shogun about the same. Once a year is enough for me. The onion volcano isn't that exciting after you have seen it twenty times.

I heard they were opening a new El Charro in the remodeled center at 5th and Beckham.
Dro07
AG

quote:
I heard they were opening a new El Charro in the remodeled center at 5th and Beckham.

I concur.

Is Texas de Brazil like a Fogo de chao?

Some leasing is still going on and can't say names but there will be some new restaurants in front of Target sometime in the near future.
Josepi
AG
quote:
Is Texas de Brazil like a Fogo de chao?

Yes, just like it.
Stive
AG
In front of Target? Is there enough room on that parking lot for another restaurant pad?
Dro07
AG
Ya it would go right between Jack n the crack and razors. All it is right now is overflow parking that is hardly used.
Stive
AG
Seems like a tight fit but that makes sense.
Dro07
AG
oh we will make it fit
RockOn
Josepi, the hibachi places will continue to defy common sense and do well because of the Jacksonville, Arp, Winona crowds that love them some hibachi. If you look at the parking lots there is an abnormal amount of large trucks on the weekends. Definitely the bud light crowd.
Stive
AG
Agree. And Texas de Brazil will be slammed for the first few months because that same crowd will want to go eat a bunch of meat for the novelty of it.

I think it will dry up quicker though because that same crowd can't afford it as often as they can hibachi. The price point is just too high (IMO).
RockOn
That's my thoughts as well. How is Jack Ryan's doing?
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
That's my thoughts as well. How is Jack Ryan's doing?

Still going in Kilgore. Would like a Tyler update.
AGC
AG
Below projections but still here.
Josepi
AG
Just drove past it, and I can verify that Tuscan Slice is going to be an Aspen Grill
mbrooking
AG
quote:
Ya it would go right between Jack n the crack and razors. All it is right now is overflow parking that is hardly used.
Great Thats the parking I use when going to Razzoos.
BlueMiles
AG
dromo07 said:

Is fuddruckers still in college station where that mexican restaurant used to be?

It is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.