You guys been to Lola's?

7,647 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by OregonAggie
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its out in the flint area and was wondering if any of you all have eaten out there. They made the 12 sandwiches places to eat in texas so i was just curious. http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/best-sandwiches-tx/

suprafly03
AG
I've been a few times. It's pretty delicious!

The only problem they may have is being so expensive in the Flint/Gresham area...

Check it out for yourself.
buy_dont_lease
AG
Lola's is seriously good.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I am a sandwhich junky but was not all that impressed with their offering at Taste of Tyler.
buy_dont_lease
AG
I wasn't at Taste of Tyler and I don't know what their setup was like there, but I'd recommend eating at their restaurant before writing them off.
Dro07
AG
quote:
I am a sandwhich junky but was not all that impressed with their offering at Taste of Tyler.
Whats your fav place in tyler and what sammich? Just curious
AggieGunslinger
AG
Mother clucker At stanleys or the shaved rib eye at Ricks. The little shack next to the rail road tracks in the middle of gladewater makes a really good totra.
suprafly03
AG
quote:
I wasn't at Taste of Tyler and I don't know what their setup was like there, but I'd recommend eating at their restaurant before writing them off.

I agree. I've never been to happy with what Tyler offers as restaurants ( I used to think the only two good places in town were Willowbrook and Villa Montez), although it's getting better.

But Lolas is for real! Their chips are great too.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I will give them another chance for sure. I do like that we are getting more independent restaurant, the chain stuff gets old fast.
shAGgin wAGgin
AG
When did we start getting more independent restaurants? I still cant find anything to eat around here and everything I see open up is another chain, and most likely a crappy chain like Chuy's. I would kill for a hole in the wall breakfast burrito place to supplement in with Stanley's, and a good hamburger place with nothing but picnic tables.
buy_dont_lease
AG
quote:
When did we start getting more independent restaurants? I still cant find anything to eat around here and everything I see open up is another chain, and most likely a crappy chain like Chuy's. I would kill for a hole in the wall breakfast burrito place to supplement in with Stanley's, and a good hamburger place with nothing but picnic tables.
Burger Grind on OJ just north of 49 makes a great burger. I can't help you with the picnic tables though, because I don't think they have any. I prefer it to Juicy's personally, but Juicy's is still good, IMO.

4 Way Cafe in Flint has great breakfasts, including burritos. El Lugar does breakfast now, and while I haven't had their burritos, I'm sure they're tasty. King Tortas on Beckham is also really good. I'm pretty sure they have breakfast offerings.

We could certainly use more non-chain options around here, but there are a number of really good places to eat around here, especially in the "hole-in-the-wall" and casual dining range.
suprafly03
AG
Actually Burger Grind does have large picnic tables. Haha
buy_dont_lease
AG
Well there ya go. All I remember about the design/decor of that place is that large garage door they have that they open up when the weather is nice.
AggieGunslinger
AG
They are out there SW, just not usually on Broadway or the Loop. Also, sadly I think it can be hard to stay open in ETX as a non chain that doesn't have an extensive fried menu.
Dro07
AG
anyone ever been to that whole in the wall mexican shack next to Harbor Freight? Never been but keep hearing good things about it.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Juniors is the name and it is good.
Dro07
AG
quote:
Juniors is the name and it is good.
Nice I will have to try it out. Just looked at their hours and its only a lunch place.
AggieGunslinger
AG
yep, and only outdoor seating.
Dro07
AG
Thanks for the heads up
roveram
AG
Why are there so many chain restaurant haters in Tyler?

I'm in txk right now. Went to Outback the other night. Had a steak. It was good.
Josepi
AG
Lolas is very good. Has anyone ever actually gotten a Ruben there? I've been three or four times, and they have been sold out every time.

Interesting recommendation for King Torta. I've driven by it 100 times and never stopped. I'll have to give it a try. Will probably have to shoo the illegals out of the back of my truck when I leave.
suprafly03
AG
The Ruben is great. I got there at 11 am on a Tuesday and they had it available. Worth it!
AggieGunslinger
AG
quote:
Why are there so many chain restaurant haters in Tyler?

I'm in txk right now. Went to Outback the other night. Had a steak. It was good.
I don't dislike chains, but it is nice to go get a meal that is different and by that I mean it isn't spiced for universal appeal.
1855Ag
Lola's is awesome. Ended up having a few drinks with the owner not too long ago, super interesting guy. Glad to see they're doing well.
easttexasaggie04
AG
chains
Dro07
AG
Went to Lola's yesterday finally for lunch and got the Cuban and the TABC and both were really good! Def going back again
Josepi
AG
quote:
Went to Lola's yesterday finally for lunch and got the Cuban and the TABC and both were really good! Def going back again

I was there yesterday for lunch, and I saw a guy with an Aggie hat and Aggie pants grab something to go.

I figured it was a TexAger.
Dro07
AG
That wasn't me but that's funny. Went with a group of friends but was sporting a Aggie pullover. We showed up around one. The fiance wanted to go back again for lunch today. We don't live too far but the chk parm is tasty as well. Reuben was sold out so may have to try that the next go around
Josepi
AG
Ate at the new Burger Grind location for dinner with the fam tonight. It's in the shopping center at 5th and the loop where Basil Thai cafe used to be. First time I have eaten at either location, and it was really really good.
OregonAggie
AG
I'm checking this place out next time I'm in town. I love Stanley's and I'm there for lunch 1/2 the time I'm in town. I love a good chicken parm sandwich.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.