For the Viejitos in here

1,417 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by OXDL45
El Presidente
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you remember witnessing El Diablo at Boccaccio's 2000 in McAllen?

Tell me about your experience. What do you remember?
RGV AG
AG
On a personal level I never did see El Diablo there, but the few times I went there I did see quite a few Diablotas.

As God is my witness I have met some folks along the way of the years that will swear on the Bible and their mamacitas grave that they were there the night the devil did it's dance.

McAllen had a happening club scene in the early 80's; The Rose Monacle, Boccacios, The Starship and Southern Nights were happening spots. As was the original Pepe's on the River. By the late 80's all those places had closed and changed names and several others opened up and the night club scene got kinda diluted.
OXDL45
AG
I vaguely remember this urban legend. What's the story?
El Presidente
AG
OXDL45 said:

I vaguely remember this urban legend. What's the story?
Legend has it that El Chamuco made an appearance at Boccaccios in the 80s and danced with a lady there. They danced the night away and people witnessed it as they floated and once he left, the smell of sulfur wafted through the air. Maybe drunk memories is all that remains?
El Presidente
AG
Oh, and Diablotas.....made me chuckle.
RGV AG
AG
Also to that yarn there was the fact that the young woman in question looked down at his feet and saw cloved hoofs...

The sulfur smell I always attributed to either Jesse's Mexican food or Johnny's on south 10th. Those places tended to help people produce sulfur smells.
Charpie
AG
Bocacios. Man what a blast from the past
El Presidente
AG
RGV AG said:

Also to that yarn there was the fact that the young woman in question looked down at his feet and saw cloved hoofs...

The sulfur smell I always attributed to either Jesse's Mexican food or Johnny's on south 10th. Those places tended to help people produce sulfur smells.
How high do you think she was to see cloved hooves? Andaba hasta la madre!!!
OXDL45
AG
Sounds a lot like Bronco 956 but no one can see the evil!
El Presidente
AG
OXDL45 said:

Sounds a lot like Bronco 956 but no one can see the evil!
How you figure it's the same thing?
OXDL45
AG
Would take a few beers to explain my theory.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.