How's it going in the RGV ?

2,456 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by scottimus
Hey Nav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching the news, and wondering what's the real story with border crossings and all the ramifications of that.

I'm a class of '80, born in Mercedes, Weslaco HS grad. Concerned with the situation for all you that live there.
RGV AG
AG
All things considered, things are OK. Fruit and vegetation got kicked in the ding-ding during the freeze. Out west there are about 3 DPS troopers and other state cops per miles. The wets are pouring across unimpeded, but most of us don't pay it no never mind as all but a very few are headed north as fast as the government can buy them an "El Tornado" or plane ticket.

Check out this video, it is real and from yesterday. This is what is going on. But not a lot of mention of it in the national media.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/michael-berry/content/2021-03-12-watch-huge-groups-illegally-smuggled-across-the-rio-grande/

Other than the wets and the jacked up to normal crossing borders and HEB demanding masks things are copacetic.
Hey Nav
AG
Where are they being bused to ? Who decides who gets a bus or plane ticket and where they are sent?
RGV AG
AG
BP is taking them to the bus stations and airports. Some of these folks, I guess, have family and they will fly them out and or get them tickets. I do know some of them get the transportation paid for by the gov, and some of the NGOs pay for it as well.

The vast majority seem to be headed north.

My daughter had a hitting lesson today with a former college/minor league baseball player that is now BP. He was saying that right now there is less than 10 to 15% of the agents actually doing field work and patrolling. Instead the majority of the agents are working the tent cities and stations processing wets, it is thousands per day and growing.
scottimus
AG
My Mother works at a DHs processing facility as a nurse. Said the past few weeks were slow. They are not processing normally as they did before...health check, background information, hold cell quarantine.

Will get an update from her today.
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.