SPI in November ?

1,782 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lorilyn93
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking at possible trio to SPI first part of Thanksgiving week.
Anyone ever been this time year?
Hotels are cheap .. is beach too cold this time year?
Do a lot of the shops ect shut down ?

TIA
RGV AG
AG
Locals call the fall, through the arrival of about 2 strong northers, "the secret season". The fall on the Texas coast is really magical, the further south the better.

In my old age the fall has become when I prefer to go to the beach. How warm the water is and how nice the beach is will greatly depend on the amount of northers, and their severity, that roll through. Typically, or what I have experienced, is that it is not until the last 4 to 5 weeks of the year that the temps truly drop. The water temp will depend a lot on the prevailing SE wind. If it is stymied for periods of time then it will be cooler. I have seen it cold in November and easily swimmable in December. So you just never know.
PJYoung
AG
yeah just depends on timing of cold fronts. Could be perfect, could be miserable.
Matsui
AG
Agreed.
Charpie
AG
PJYoung said:

yeah just depends on timing of cold fronts. Could be perfect, could be miserable.

Ain't that the truth
lorilyn93
AG
I love SPI in the fall. The walks on the beach are crisp but quiet. The restaurants and pools / hot tubs aren't crowded. Shops are open. Fishing is always great. The water might or might not be too cold, but there's still so much to do and enjoy!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.