Mexican food in Laredo

3,991 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MarylandAG
281TexAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be in Laredo for a couple days soon. I'm looking for a good Mexican restaurant down there. Also interested in any sightseeing I should do as well.
Charpie
AG
Taco Palenque
Cappo
AG
Moved back to Dallas recently and I miss Taco Palenque for sure
RGV AG
AG
Really? It is ok in a pinch, but I think it is heavily overrated. They don't do fideo right y ninguna de las salsas pican.
Charpie
AG
Well when you live in Austin and you go home and crave fideo, and you mom moved to New Hampshire, it works
RGV AG
AG
Well you do have a point there. Your mom left the valley and went to NH? ADM, talk about a culture change.

Don't get me wrong, lots of people love Taco Palenque, a couple that we are very close to absolutely love it, they swear by it. I live about 500 yards from the one on south 10th, but their food just just doesn't move the needle for me all that much.

I wonder with the Covid if they will still have the chip and salsa bar? I did like the pepinos and radishes on there.
Comeby!
AG
Palenque Grill for fancy. Good Aggie friend of mine owns Casa Lopez, Spanish tapas. Over by my grandmas house.

Danny's for diner quality Mexican food. I like Taco Palenque, it's like the Whataburger of Mexican good.
Potcake
AG
I miss going to NL and eating at Cadillac/El Dorado, Restaurante Tipico, Paseo Colon, and Al Rincon del Viejo.
RGV AG
AG
Quote:

Danny's for diner quality Mexican food
You know, Danny's is actually pretty darn good food. Special place to me, my wife and I ate our first meal together as husband and wife at the Danny's in Mission, glamorous couple that we are. I used to eat at the one in Eagle Pass often when I drove weekly back and forth to Acuna from the Valley.

Some of their breakfast combo's are heaven sent.
Comeby!
AG
Their breakfast is the bomb. I do remember eating their chips and salsa waiting on the order then having to scrape the grease off the roof of my mouth. I haven't eaten there in 10 years at least. I like the Tampiquea but I think I'd try the Corral plate because I remember the mollejas being good.
Comeby!
AG
Potcake said:

I miss going to NL and eating at Cadillac/El Dorado, Restaurante Tipico, Paseo Colon, and Al Rincon del Viejo.

Rincn del Viejo was good, enjoyed El Rancho and La Palapa before they came to Laredo. Hell, I miss Firenzi's and Vivant's. Got picked up once at Las Cascadas.
RGV AG
AG
Quote:

Rincn del Viejo was good
El Rincon del Viejo was a great place, I think the second best cabrito I have ever had in my life was there circa 1992 or 1993. That was the one place I really liked in Nuevo Laredo. Their tortillas were special too. I loved sitting outside at that place. I haven't spent too much time in either Laredo, but I always remember that place.
Comeby!
AG
Te dejaron regresar cabron?
RGV AG
AG
Es que en esos tiempos tenia lana y la podia gastar de a madre....y aparte andaba con una princesita de Monclova en esas fechas. Para verla tenia que ir para los Laredo's, ella no venia pal' Valle
Comeby!
AG
Che mandilon!
La ma en esos tiempos era Srta Nvo Laredo.
MarylandAG
Fajitas at Las Palmas on Saunders
Enchilads or a mexican plate at Glass Kitchen
Tacos at Tacolare
A lonche de ternera at Loncheria El Popo
El Meson downtown is good

Drive down to Zapata (home sweet home) for a chicken fried steak at El Paraiso and fried chicken at either Dianas (if still there) or Hawks Landing

Laredo has solid Mexican food, some of the best I have ever had.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.