******SPI Spring Break 2018******

2,439 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oldord
scottimus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
5 star official.

So we can keep track of all of the crazy shenanigans!

On a serious note, I hope they have high security everywhere. Spring breaks are a terrible soft target and have always been under secured.

I wonder how much alcohol Clayton will sell?

LOL!

and of course, I will predict another Red Tide occurrence later on in the summer as this should be the initial "flush" to increase the nitrogen/algae into the ecosystem. Maybe I should do a thesis on that... Spring Break correlations to Red Tide occurrences at SPI. I'm gonna need lots of funding....
scottimus
AG
So is Clayton's bringing in that Child Predator Rapper? I hope someone pulls the stage down and "clicks" him.
OXDL45
AG
Any stories make it to the news yet?

Surprised there hasn't been anything yet.
PJYoung
AG
Well a couple of Texas football players were supposedly involved in a NSFW incident caught on camera at SPI. Haven't heard anything else.
PJYoung
AG
Oh yeah and this:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/03/12/vandals-damage-elaborate-sandcastle-steal-south-padre-island-flag-police-say

Quote:

Four males are suspected in connection with "major damage" done early Friday to a sandcastle in front of the city's visitor center. One of the four also climbed a flagpole and took the South Padre Island flag, police said.

Damage was estimated at $24,000, police said.
PJYoung
AG
Quote:

New ordinances and reorganized law enforcement practices helped to make 2018's Texas Week a largely safe and successful one, according to local officials.
"I was really happy with how everything went. I think we had lots of visitation. I think the turnout was great," said South Padre Island City Manager Susan Guthrie Wednesday.
"I was also really happy with how we handled public safety. We really ramped things up this year and I think it really paid off in terms of keeping everybody safe and still able to enjoy everything that happened, all the activities that were planned," she said.
Preliminary numbers indicate this year call volume was down for the first 21 days of March compared to the same time period in 2017 and 2016.
According to information released by the City of South Padre Island, Island fire and EMS services received 302 calls for service between March 1-21 this year, compared to 458 in 2017 and 371 in 2016.
For the police department, calls for service were down just over 6 percent from March 9-19 compared to the same timeframe last year. SPI police received 2,237 calls for service in 2018 while they saw 2,384 calls for service between March 10-20 last year.
oldord
AG
Any Rule ones for those who went?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.