Teaching jobs in RGV

2,402 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggie2013lc
aggie2013lc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My sister (class of '12) is EC-6 certified, but is having a difficult time finding a position (mainly because they require a bilingual certificate, which she does not have). Any help/advice/leads would be greatly appreciated. She is open to anywhere in the Valley. Thanks!
PJYoung
AG
I would suggest she take a crash course in spanish and get that certificate.
zarbas77
AG
Are they going to pay her with Peso's or dollars?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oldvalleyrat
AG
aggie2013lc said:

My sister (class of '12) is EC-6 certified, but is having a difficult time finding a position (mainly because they require a bilingual certificate, which she does not have). Any help/advice/leads would be greatly appreciated. She is open to anywhere in the Valley. Thanks!
My suggestion is to check with some of the smaller rural districts that have a more difficult time finding teachers. Finding a job in McAllen, Harlingen... will be impossible. Be sure to call the Education Service Center Region One in Edinburg, they provide assistance in finding jobs. I am thinking about districts like San Isidro, La Sara, etc. It is very late to be looking for a job.

The university that she attended did her no favors with letting her get through without a bilingual certificate. She needs to get that certificate as soon as possible. The only teacher that I know of that got hired recently without the bilingual certificate was a teacher of the deaf (Special Ed certificate) who was "fluent" in signing.

Seems like we get this same e-mail every year. Good luck.

aggie2013lc
AG
She's an Aggie, but doesn't have a teaching degree, and we're from LaSara.. so that is the first place she looked. She was originally an After School Program Coordinator, and that's where she found a love of working with/teaching kids.. so she got certified. And not to mention, she also works for Region One, so it's kinda odd that she has not found something. She has been looking since January.

Thanks for the feedback, though!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.