Border Crossings are Down?

2,148 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by scottimus
scottimus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To historic lows?

Do the stripes tacos still taste as good?

Who is manning all the detail and tire shops?

Serious questions.
PJYoung
AG
My buddy in Dallas had to call me yesterday because his car was detailed by five gringos for the first time ever.

Ah and my wife had her best McAllen mall experience ever the same day. Coincidence?

I know the border patrol chief said border crossings were likely at a 45 year low.

I think McAllen downtown is off at least 20% in sales. Gonna be a rough sales tax year for mcallen.
carl spacklers hat
Retail and hospitality are getting hammered, especially in McAllen area. I'm sure the outlets in Mercedes are down, too. Funny how people ***** and moan about the Nationals until their dollars dry up.
PJYoung
AG
Yeah the outlets in Mercedes have been way off.
Twelfthman99
AG
They can't do catch and release anymore, so the days of rounding up hundreds of folks in a day are over because it takes a full day of paperwork to ensure one immigrant gets back across the border. The sheer manpower needed will lead to fewer arrests and as such the data will indicate that crossings are down when, in fact, only the number of captures are down.
PJYoung
AG
That's not it at all.

Attempts at crossing are way, way off and at historic lows.

Our friend's daughter-in-law is 0-3 in her last three attempts to cross, usually spending about 12 hours in detention before being released back into Mexico. Its has gotten much, much tougher for people to cross the river now that there are hundreds less trying every day and tighter enforcement with more agents.

Trump winning after his his tough pre election talk has everything to do with discouraging people from even trying.
scottimus
AG
My mother works at the detention center for illegal immigrants. She says they used to receive 300 patients a night. Down to 35-45. She's getting bored. Lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.