Places you miss in the RGV.

24,663 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PJYoung
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw SS's Elote minivan parked there last time I drove by
RGV AG
AG
WTF is PBD's? Or was PBD's, you have piqued my curiosity.
EFE
AG
It's an establishment that attracts a particular clientele that very closely resembles OP and their sensibilities
RGV AG
AG
That shortcake chick doesn't post on here any more does she? Where was this fine establishment.

Talk about fine establishments, any one on here old or depraved enough to remember the Camichin Club in Hidalgo?
EFE
AG
She's still around. I heard through the grapevine, that while she isn't playing much softball with the club these days, she still enjoys watching the girls play. The establishment in question is off of Ware Rd over by Rowe HS.
RGV AG
AG
Never knew her. She is younger, and I have been in and out, mostly out, of the RGV for 15 or so years.

I can't say I know the place you are talking about. Probably after my time. Now the Camichin in Hidalgo was something else, chicks would swim the Rio to work there, if I am not mistaken it was the only teetee bar in the RGV for a long time. Hi class place, it was not.
EFE
AG
I hear some of the boys have nice tits at PBD's
RGV AG
AG
Well now, I comprende. Probably a valid reason as to why I don't know it or of it.

There was another place in Pharr that was similar way back when, some guys I knew had an interesting experience there.
Charpie
AG
EFE said:

She's still around. I heard through the grapevine, that while she isn't playing much softball with the club these days, she still enjoys watching the girls play. The establishment in question is off of Ware Rd over by Rowe HS.
OXDL45
AG
Drove by PBD's while I was in the RGV during the holidays. Thought about EFE and Shortcake.
Kid Shelleen 13
AG
Trucker's Cafe in Brownsville
oldord
AG
Edelstien's furniture. All gone now. FAMSA bought them.

Came on the first train to brown town in the late 1800's to start it.
rondis23
AG
OXDL45 said:

Drove by PBD's while I was in the RGV during the holidays. Thought about EFE and Shortcake.

What if Shortcake is really a man? Or a senor? Always thought she was a senora.
EFE
AG
I've seen shortcake, while definitely butch, still very feminine in most regards
AgInMO
AG
Grew up in Starr County and moved when I was 14 many moons ago but two places have been mentioned:

Ferrils BBQ in Sharyland (some of my first BBQ)
Spot Burger in Edinburg

and House of Raphael in Rio Grande City (this may still be there but last time I was there it was no where as good as was in 70's)

My brother still lives down there in McCook and I'm trapped in StLouis
RGV AG
AG
No Texas Cafe?

That Raphaels place was there in the late 90's, was not good.

El Tako Hut in RGC is damm good. So is Cocina Mobil #2.
PJYoung
AG
RGV AG said:

Well now, I comprende. Probably a valid reason as to why I don't know it or of it.

There was another place in Pharr that was similar way back when, some guys I knew had an interesting experience there.

The Other Place
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.