West Texas
Sponsored by

West Texas Duck Hunting

3,294 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LEJ
Otto 08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!

Was just recently transferred to Midland with my company. Wanted to reach out to see if there are any fellow waterfowlers on this board? Was living in Houston, and hunting Garwood, so I'm a bit out of my element, and looking for a good place to start.

Thanks,
Otto
AgTag23
AG
Maybe try Red Bluff? I know there is a public spot out there.

Anyone have a local dove spot? Outdoor board might be a better spot.
LEJ
Look into Twin Buttes just outside Angelo. I deer hunted it hard last year and saw a ton of ducks, esp late season. I'll post more when able. Gotta have APH.

natchamps39
Plenty of good duck/goose/crane hunting <2 hours from Midland. Try final descent outfitters in Lubbock.
BCO07
AG
LEJ said:

Look into Twin Buttes just outside Angelo. I deer hunted it hard last year and saw a ton of ducks, esp late season. I'll post more when able. Gotta have APH.

Good to hear. I'm moving out that direction next year and have been concerned about the lack of obvious duck hunting
JADE
AG
I have found that the duck hunting is pretty good on the playa lakes especially amid farm fields. The addition of all the frac ponds may have changed the scarcity of water. My experience has been that the diversity of the duck population is greater than where I hunted on the gulf coast plains.
LEJ

I know a little more about this place than I initially indicated. I monitor the email above, along with another Cleanup Project volunteer, so feel free to contact me there if you have TB hunting questions.

I'm not a duck hunter, but I pay attn to them. I also spend an inordinate amount of my free time at TB, so I have a pretty good handle on access and habits (of the Ducks and the dudes who chase them).

The Concho Valley DU is also involved in this Cleanup project. They've reactivated their chapter after a few years of complete inactivity, mostly due to poor area hunting conditions and lack of the right volunteers to run/reinvigorate it. Both those variables have turned 180.

LEJ

I have raffle tickets for anyone interested.

83 cents of every dollar raised by DU goes back into Conservation efforts.

Some of the Outdoor orgs I'm a member of talk a lot about how much they love conservation.

DU makes it happen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.