West Texas
Sponsored by

Any Ags out in Pecos?

2,550 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RightWingConspirator
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My sister has been offered a job out in Pecos that she may be considering. It has been many years since I've passed through this town. With the oil boom in the Permian, has this town changed much at all? Last I went through there, it seemed like the town was about to fold up. Has the oil activity in the Permian changed the trajectory of the town any? Help is appreciated.
TequilaMockingbird
It is a madhouse.
Moe 92
AG
I don't live out there but I've been through a few times over the past 6 months. It's a madhouse is spot on. Very little housing and what there is ridiculously expensive and often long waiting list, so she'll want to have a plan for that.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Thanks, guys.
oscar9
AG
Someone told me they passed a $400M school bond
LEJ
I'm curious. Does your sis have any idea of what life might be like in Pecos, TX? What part of the world does she live in now?

RightWingConspirator
AG
She is plenty familiar with "old Pecos." We grew up in El Paso and my folks moved to Midland when I was 20 or so. We've both driven through Pecos plenty, although it has been a few years for me. She lived in Midland for several years working oil and gas jobs, but now lives in Casper, WY. I do believe she wanted to come back to Texas, but not sure if Pecos holds enough appeal for her. She's already caught wind of the rents in Pecos and I believe she's determined to stay in Casper.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.