West Texas
Sponsored by

Moving to San Angelo from BCS.

3,264 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by c-jags
ET1/SS Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I just found out yesterday that I am officially transferring to San Angelo. My wife and I are looking to buy a home on a small amount of acreage. I have looked out towards Wall and really like that area. Is there any where that I need to avoid? No kids. Maybe some in the future. How is the buffalo heights neighborhood out by O.C. Fisher? Thanks!
Elephant Tears
I'm sure you know the obvious places to avoid (Northside) so I won't hit on those. Wall is a nice area and a great school. It can be very cliquish but I think that has gotten better. Buffalo heights is nice but is become its own little city out there with all the construction that has gone on. To me, that takes away from the point of being out there. It is also in the Grape Creek school district I believe and that is not a good thing.

If you are wanting acreage and a decent school I would stick with these areas outside of San Angelo: Wall, Christoval, Water Valley, And Miles
Thebigkahuna
Another thing to consider is internet. Angelo only has one major provider. Suddenlink. Suddenlink will not go out to buffalo heights or ballinger. I work around Wall and it's a farm community. One of those "you're not from around here" kind of places. If i was looking for some land and a house i would recommend christoval or the water valley area.
blitzed
AG
I'd get a realtor and visit Christoval and Wall.

If you want to check around in San Angelo: Butler Farms- large plots of land but expensive; Santa Rita- cool older homes; area near San Angelo County Club or Bentwood County Club- if you have any interest in golf but its near the lake and they have larger plots of land; Southland- cookie cutter homes but budget friendly.

Buffalo Heights- stay away, while cheap, people are having issues w/ construction, private roads and resale value;

Call Ryan Newlin at ERA Real Estate, he's the go to guy in town.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
c-jags
Rleyba said:

. I work around Wall and it's a farm community. One of those "you're not from around here" kind of places

i'm from Wall, agree with it, and still laughed. i i was a second generation Wallite and never really felt like a part of the crowd because we weren't Catholic.
EMc77
AG
The folks at the Brethern Church were welcoming!

Actually we moved there in 86 and lived there till '05. Just participate in the Wall activities and they will accept you.

I do know from my drive thru there last Nov that Wall sure has grown.

I second the thought on checking for internet service too. I live in the country here and it sucks...

c-jags
Brethren people were great. I forgot about them.

I loved all the Catholics I went to school with as well, don't get me wrong. There was just definitely Wall "royalty" and most of them went to St Ambrose.

Wouldn't trade my upbringing in that community for anything.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.