West Texas
Sponsored by

Considering a move to Brady

2,707 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggieSO
BCO07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would be making the move for a job and am visiting this weekend. My impression is it's a quality small town that seems to have a strong sense of community and pride in the town. It doesn't appear to be particularly run down like lots of small towns. Obviously, it's a minimum hour from anything other than Walmart. Seems like a pretty stable population and economy with neither an up or down trend on the horizon. Schools seem decent to good. Looks like deer and dove hunting are good with +/- quail and duck.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Predmid
AG
Brady is one of the few small towns with a real thriving industry associated with it. It will be fairly stable so long as the sand & gravel mining continues nearby.

They've got some good bbq joints and I enjoy stopping there when I'm driving through to Austin.
wildcat08
AG
My sister and brother-in-law lived there for over 30 years, moving a few years ago to be near grandchildren. They really liked it, and based on their experience, I would say your first impressions are accurate.
C4D
AG
Dont do it. Just saying
c-jags
i'd rather live in San Saba, Mason, or Llano but it's not a terrible town. A few more amenities and BBQ joints than you'd expect. better than eden or menard i'd guess.
BCO07
AG
I need to live close to the hospital, so San Saba and Menard are out. Llano is beautiful, but I'm worried that it's proximity to Austin means really high land prices and future suburbization
BCO07
AG
Why? Or is my sarcasm meter broken?
aggieSO
BCO07 said:

Why? Or is my sarcasm meter broken?
did you read anything other than the title? he said why in the first sentence...

I can't tell you much about Brady, but my grandmother was born and reared in Mason, TX, where her family lived since they moved to Texas from Arkansas after the Civil War. she moved to San Antonio where my father and I were born but we have talked before about living there one day if the opportunity arose. I'm in the oil and gas industry so I will probably never be able to live out there but if I end up changing careers or becoming a real estate agent I will certainly do my best to join you out there hahaha.

Mason is a lovely town, people there are the best as anywhere in Texas, if you don't end up liking Brady I would say it's definitely worth a look. personally I wouldn't even think twice about it but I have a higher patience for small towns than most people. just get some land and you will have all the fun in the world. drive to the city when you want a change.

Mason is...

20 minutes to Brady
2 to Austin, San Antonio, Abilene
3.5 to FW and Cstat
4 to Dallas and Houston
1.5 to San Angelo
aggieSO
Llano is beautiful, but I'm worried that it's proximity to Austin means really high land prices and future suburbization

I suspect you are correct
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.