West Texas
Sponsored by

Where is a fishing spot near Midland?

2,772 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Goose06
SaltyTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know there are little to no fishing areas here in West Texas, but just wanted to see if there is a fishing pond/lake/river that is worth driving 1-2 hours to get a line wet. I know, I am asking a loottttt.
"Christ almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin' you nerve-wracking sons-of-b**ches."
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
From Midland I believe the nearest is Moss Creek Lake (Big Spring), then Lake Colorado City, Sweetwater Reservoir, Nasworthy (San Angelo), Lake Allen Henry (Lubbock), J.B. Thomas Reservoir (Snyder)

I have been to the bolded ones, but not in over 10 years.

There is a duck pond behind the Midland Lowes and a pond near Meteor Crater in Odessa off of I-20, if desperate.

Strangest thing was seeing a redfish pulled out of Lake Colorado City, redfish with black dot on the tail and probably over 2' long being carried by a kids that could barely hold it. This was maybe 15 years ago.
JD05AG
AG
There's a little fishing pond in Beal park, but I'd just drive to Lake Spence or to Angelo or even Spring Creek in Mertzon. They've also been biting pretty good a JB Thomas.
Lungblood

I caught this mess at one of the aforementioned lakes this past spring. I had similar results multiple times. Let's make a deal.
SaltyTxAg
AG
hahaha, indeed, lets make a deal if we can get a good day of fishing in!
"Christ almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin' you nerve-wracking sons-of-b**ches."
Pro Sandy
AG
TPWD use to stock that lake with reds.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I just remember the "Wait ... what" that occurred when I saw that red.
Goose06
AG
Lake Balmorhea is a spring fed lake. Never fished there, but very cool place. It's probably 2 hours from Midland though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.