West Texas
Sponsored by

Moving to Midland for Project - Recs Needed

1,729 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DadsanAG
Corps_Ag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Moving to Midland in the next couple of months for a construction project. I need to find a decent place to live where my cars won't get broken into but also don't want to pay an arm & a leg. Additionally, will probably be getting a dog while I'm there to keep me company. Need something to keep me off of the dating apps & out of the strip clubs. I have not visited any of these places yet, so I am asking for some impressions before I get down there.

So I pose the following:

- found a furnished duplex, everything included for $1,400/month. That's utilities, maid service, lawn service. Located on Country Club Drive, east of the sports complex and 250. This looks like 1980s style homes, is it safe for my vehicles/stuff? Google doesn't give me a whole lot to go off of on the street views & satellite views. There's one covered spot & other additional parking. Vehicles seem to be a mix of nice & not so nice.

- Get an apartment at one of the following complexes and at least 1 covered spot, maybe garage (they are all gated):
Residence at Midland
Anatole on Briarwood
Sandstone Ridge
Sundance Creek (down the road from my office)
Midway Station
Oasis at Pavilion Park

TIA
histag10
AG
What is the street address for that duplex, or at least a cross street other than 250
Westicles
AG
I really can't help a ton since I don't know that area well but since this board doesn't get a ton of traffic I'll give my 2 cents. I'd say the neighborhood of the duplex it is pretty middle of the road. It's likely more working class and I'm sure there is the occasional car break in, but nothing like what I'm used to from Houston.

As far as the apartments the Sandstone Ridge and Oasis at Pavillion are both nice. The others I'm not sure about. I personally would give the edge to Sandstone out of those 2 since my life revolves around the west and north sides of town. And assuming you're young, there are a ton of young people who live there.

The anetole on Briarwood looks really nice from the street FWIW.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Ended up at Oasis, signing my lease next week.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Good luck to you and welcome to Midland.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Appreciate it!
DadsanAG
Lived in Anatole - steer clear, just don't.

Moved to Sandstone almost 2 years ago and it's great. Fasken spares little expense in keeping the grounds looking top notch every single day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.