West Texas
Sponsored by

What to do in San Angelo?

3,238 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Goose06
Old Jock 1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's been years since I've been in SA. We are headed there Thursday for a baseball tournament. Restaurant recommendations? Anything touristy worth seeing?
Bucketrunner
Zentners Daughter has a decent steak. Western Sky is better in my opinion, but atmosphere isn't much.

We like Miss Hattie's downtown across the street from Eggemeyers Don't miss Egfemeyers. It's got so many neat things.
SW AG80
AG
I second going to Eggemyers. I think the best steak is at Twin Mountains Steakhouse west of town.
WestTexAG
AG
Zebtner's daughter is unfortunately terrible now. They're only hanging on because of their ability to hold massive lunch groups and the blue hairs still love it. There is some cool historical stuff around the fort, and downtown has gone through a pretty decent transformation over the last decade.
WestTexAG
AG
My restaurant recommendations are
Armentas for Mexican
The Grill for new American
Cork & Pig also new American
Western Sky or Twin Mountain are about on par for steakhouse
FishrCoAg
AG
Twin Mountain is good. I like Henry's for Mexican food there.
SW AG80
AG
What's a Fisher County Ag doing in San Angelo? And happy birthday, Vick.
FishrCoAg
AG
SW AG80 said:

What's a Fisher County Ag doing in San Angelo? And happy birthday, Vick.
I get down there every once in a while to shoot sporting clays. it's been a while though. Thanks!
Old Jock 1997
AG
Thanks for the replies!

Isn't there a park somewhere in town where you can swim in the river or one of the lakes?
Potcake
AG
+1 on Cork & Pig
Add Concho Pearl and Zero One Alehouse
SW AG80
AG
There is a park at Lake Nasworthy that has a decent place to swim. Decent for Lake Nasworthy, that is.
WestTexAG
AG
Concho Pearl is awesome if you're willing to take the gamble that it may take forever to get your food. Its a great place, and isn't always slow, but when it is slow, its incredibly slow! I love Zero 1 as well, and highly recommend it.
EMc77
AG
Francos for Tex Mex on MLK and 19th. Same guy owns Western Sky.

Dunbar East for just good old home cooking and decent steaks too...
aggiedata
AG
+2 on Cork & Pig

We were impressed that San Angelo had this kind of place. Patio is awesome and dog friendly, believe it or not. Good wine and food.

Old Jock 1997
AG
Ate at Cork and Pig last night. Very good. I never get salads but decided to have the steak salad -- very good! Kids raved about the pizza.
c-jags
So crazy at all the places there now that didn't exist in my 25 years of living there.

0 1 ale house and concho pearl are two I've visited on return trips and liked a lot. Cork and pig was fine. Nothing that made me want to come back. Maybe I need to try it again when I'm home for the holidays.

And anybody saying anything other than Franco's for Mexican food is wrong. Trust me. I'm a townie.
EMc77
AG
c-jags said:

And anybody saying anything other than Franco's for Mexican food is wrong.
Just saw in the paper where Franco is remodeling the Western Sky too. Whole new facade. (sp)

Will have to go to both when back at Thanksgiving...
garrettwheat
Armentas is the best restaurant in San Angelo in my opinion. It is nearly impossible to beat the Jaxson Speical!

Jaxson Special Plate
$16.00
grilled new york strip served with 2 sour cream enchiladas rice, beans, guac, pico and tortillas
Goose06
AG
There is a cork and pig in Odessa as well. I travel frequently to Midland/Odessa for work and I make a point to stay at one of the hotels walking distance from the cork and pig. Good food, good wine selection, good cocktails, all hard to find in Midland/Odessa.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.