West Texas
Sponsored by

Relocating to Midland

1,649 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by theonefromnolancounty12
theonefromnolancounty12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
... it looks like I will get to leave the metromess for the Petroplex. Any suggestions on whether to buy or rent? And places to look?
fta09
AG
Some good stuff here.
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Buying is really tough right now and has been for some time.

Those homes on the market fall into either a newer built home with small yards so you don't have to pay too much for watering your yard... or they are older homes that either have or have not been renovated but have traditional size yards.

My brother just had an offer accepted but he was telling me that homes go on the market and are typically gone within 24-48 hours. He was telling me that he would typically check online early in the morning, like a home, then go back to look at pictures after work and it would be gone. Most homes you will need to make a full offer or be prepared to pay slightly more than original price. There's no time to lob in a 95% asking price offer because they'll brush you off and accept the 100+% offer in a few hours.

There are several new and nice apartment complexes that probably would be open to <1 year leases if you are interested in renting and looking around for what part of town to buy in.
Midland Aggie
AG
What is your price range? I can help you narrow your search areas maybe.
Welcome to Midland btw.
theonefromnolancounty12
AG
Midland Ag, send me an email. csplowboy12@hotmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.