West Texas
Sponsored by

Fill me in on living in Midland West Texas board....

12,021 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Predmid
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Interview seemed to go really well. See you in a month or so, Predmid.
Just don't forget to throw popcorn at him when given the opportunity.
Predmid
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Interview seemed to go really well. See you in a month or so, Predmid.

I'm glad your interview went well. Congrats and welcome.

What industry, by the way?
txaggie_08
AG
I'm sure you can guess the industry. I'll throw some more specifics out there if I actually get the J-O-B. At the end of the interview they let me know it would probably be the first or second week of the new year before I heard back due to holidays and people being out of the office starting today.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
txaggie_08 said:

I'm sure you can guess the industry. I'll throw some more specifics out there if I actually get the J-O-B. At the end of the interview they let me know it would probably be the first or second week of the new year before I heard back due to holidays and people being out of the office starting today.
Good, my son can't wait until you open up a Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers!
Good luck to you on your J-O-B and living in Midland.
txaggie_08
AG
Heard some good news today. Will be getting a formal offer next week. Don't know details yet, but it's one step closer to this move being a reality.

And, of course it's in the oil & gas industry. An Operator with headquarters in Midland.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Heard some good news today. Will be getting a formal offer next week. Don't know details yet, but it's one step closer to this move being a reality.

And, of course it's in the oil & gas industry. An Operator with headquarters in Midland.
Congrats!
My son will be bummed about the Raising Canes though.
txaggie_08
AG
Does anyone have a good realtor to recommend in Midland? I'm starting to look into options to either rent or buy, and would appreciate someone who can help me find my way around the RE market there.

Thanks!
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
There should be an older threaf on here about some Aggie realtors and other Aggie owned businesses out here.
Westicles
AG
DeLaura Gammage did me a really solid job when I moved here last year.

http://delauragammage.com/
txaggie_08
AG
It's only taken a month, but it's finally official! Will be starting out there in 2 weeks!

Do you guys know of any rec leagues for softball, sand volleyball, football, stuff like that?
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
txaggie_08 said:

It's only taken a month, but it's finally official! Will be starting out there in 2 weeks!

Do you guys know of any rec leagues for softball, sand volleyball, football, stuff like that?
Congrats and welcome.
Don't play any rec league sports, but I'm sure there must be some.
RigsTx
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Who are you going to work for?
txaggie_08
AG
I'm coming to work for Concho.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/tess-holliday-hits-back-horrible-people-body-shame-215807997--abc-news-fashion-and-beauty.html
Predmid
AG
If anyone moving to Midland for O&G work happens to have a spouse, girl/boyfriend, live-in side piece, whatever you want to call it, that works in Civil Engineering fields, please let me know. I have numerous job postings awaiting a good candidates.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.