West Texas
Sponsored by

Dead Board

3,599 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Eliminatus
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bored and decided to see which board on TA had gone the longest without a post.

This board wins at seven days with a two day lead over Bonfire. So gonna bump this board. I will feel accomplished afterwards.

Just so happen to be a native west Texan btw. Born and raised in Odessa. OHS class of '04. Not gonna lie. I despise my hometown and pretty much vowed to never return. Haven't been back in about four years. I did stop by OHS for nostalgias' sake. Was kinda surreal. Barely recognized it. Those in the midland Odessa area...how are things like there now?
fossil_ag
AG
Eliminatus....ease up bro....I have been a lurker on the WT board for years. Have family in Odessa, every little burg in the vicinity....including Notrees. Odessa is a typical West Texas boomtown....it ha its ups and downs. It will come back.
Eliminatus
AG
Ha. Eh. A lot of people hate their hometowns. I just happen to be one of them.

Yeah figured it will slowly start recovering with the oilfield. I am a product of the boom of the 80's myself. The one thing I do miss is the broad skies and sunsets out there. Got my parents still in Odessa and my sister moved from Midland last year so my ties are not as strong there anymore. And wow. Notrees? That was one of the places we would joke driving through that if you blinked you would miss it.
Lungblood
I love me some West Texas, but not Slowdeatha.
C4D
AG
Be careful!!!
One can easily contract the vd in Hodessa.
Eliminatus
AG
Lungblood said:

I am intensely proud that I am a west Texan.....but I always have to add the caveat of 'but avoid Odessa at all costs'.

I also did not grow up in the good parts of Odessa so there is that factor too. Even spent a couple of years out in west Odessa in the '90's. *shudder*
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Eliminatus said:

Lungblood said:

I am intensely proud that I am a west Texan.....but I always have to add the caveat of 'but avoid Odessa at all costs'.

I also did not grow up in the good parts of Odessa so there is that factor too. Even spent a couple of years out in west Odessa in the '90's. *shudder*

There's Odessa, then there's West Odessa. Wow it's rough over there. I was at the horse center out there on 20 for a high school rodeo in 2005. We went to a convenience store and my buddy left his pickup running with the keys in it. It was gone in about 30 seconds. I told him to shut it off and lock the doors, he mocked me. Lesson learned.
Predmid
AG
Who tf leaves their keys in the car running?

redforeman.jpg.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
In the 1980s, 3 miles south of town (Katy) with the nearest neighbor over 100 yards away you can get away with this.

Midland/Odessa is not that situation nor has it been since I got here in 1993.
Ag 11
AG
I miss it sometimes. But it's nice having things like trees & water around
AggieJason
AG
I was born and raised in El Paso. I drove through Odessa for the first time coming home this past Christmas. I thought MY hometown was bad. Yeesh. Odessa sucks.

FTR, I still hate Hell Paso as well.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
LoneStarBQ
AG
Nothing wrong with Midland / Odessa.

If you don't like it, don't live here and don't go on this board.
Eliminatus
AG
LoneStarBQ said:

Nothing wrong with Midland / Odessa.

If you don't like it, don't live here and don't go on this board.

Yeah, I don't like it. So I don't live there. I will also keep doing whatever I want, to include going on this board. 'Murica!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.