Politics Board thread about Panhandle

3,177 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Linked here, in case you never go to the Politics Board.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3301625
Nixter
AG
I lived 18 years in DFW prior to moving to Canyon in December. I haven't missed DFW for one second. I had my fill of the concrete, the "culture", and the types of people that hoist their nose at the idea of mingling with the people that keep their grocery stores full. I'm glad to be here and I'm not leaving. I'm good if ya'll want to close the gate behind me.

Do us both a favor, CanyonAg77, and quit defending the quality of life of the Panhandle to those that would cast aspersions. Indulge them with tales despair. Otherwise they'll come here ruin it for us just like they've ruined the places they live now.

Another thing - I was promised it was breezy all year long. But this last week the wind has been nonexistent at my house. We could use some breeze these days.
CanyonAg77
AG
I got the same advice when I did a thread on Caprock Canyons.

Welcome to the Panhandle. Weather wise, this has been one of the worst springs/summers I remember. If you are enjoying it now, better times are in the future, I hope.
A-A Ron
Cross posted on the attached link but posting here too.
Don't know the family or the girl but saw this pop up on the local news.
From Borger

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/texas-am-student-from-fritch-texas-killed-in-crash-in-college-station-jaden-kael-willis-university-drive-highway-6-honda-civic-pickup

Here
12Power
Devastating news about the Borger girl. Prayers for her family. Hits close to home as she is my daughter's age.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Nix is right. This place stinks and all the Californian's and DFW expats are fools for even thinking this place could sustain life.
CanyonAg77
AG
Years ago, a friend told me he thanks God for the wind up here. Keeps all the wimps away, and keeps us from being overcrowded

We moved to Canyon from Hale County in 1994. Growth in Randall county has been booming. Rest of the Panhandle, not so much., as the article linked in the OP shows
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.