I love living in small town America

3,239 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nixter
jtp01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last night our little school paid tribute to the 13 recent fallen Service members. 13 empty seats and 13 flags. Sunray ISD made its community proud!

SW AG80
AG
I have never been to Sunray, but I am with you on living in small town America. Especially small town Texas.
CanyonAg77
AG
My dad passed away in a Lubbock hospital, early on Christmas morning, ten years ago.

By the time the family got to mom's house, 30 miles away in Hale Center, people were showing up with food.

They gave up their Christmas to comfort us.

Never going to forget that.
MooreTrucker
AG
Grew up in Brownfield, live in Lubbock now.

Lubbock is a small town of 300,000+ people. Folks are friendly and everyone knows everyone (not really but it seems like it sometimes). Some of that, sadly, is going away though as we get bigger and bigger.
Nixter
AG
On a much lighter note but in a similar vein, I took my oldest (she's a kindergartner) to playoff basketball last night to watch Shallowater and Canadian girls at Caprock High in Amarillo. A big turnout, very intense atmosphere, and amazingly friendly folks on both sides resulted in an absolutely fantastic time for both of us. Everyone was excited and loud for the entire game. Both teams and fans represented their communities very, very well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.