Kudos to the WTAMU Football Staff

3,620 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GSPag`
jtp01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My youngest went to the WTAMU football camp this week culminating today. Kids worked hard and the coaches and Players were AMAZING with the kids!!!

CanyonAg77
AG
WT does lots of youth camps very well.

My few interactions with WT players have been very positive.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Glad to hear that, I'll pass it on.
CanyonAg77
AG
Many years ago, I was waiting in the Post Office line and got to talking with a WT football player. He was exceptionally polite and friendly, and I emailed the football coach, telling him so.

Coach responded that he appreciated the email, and that they would read them out in team meetings

I would encourage anyone who has a positive encounter with a student athlete, or anyone representing a college, that you take a few seconds and email the prof/coach/administrator.

Lord knows, they probably get a lot of complaints about the few bad apples.
jtp01
AG
Really hate seeing the news the coach was ousted earlier this week. He was a good dude and he remembered both of my kids when they came back to camps.

I'm sure he will land on his feet, it's a business and I get that but it's also the people. On more than one occasion my family has been in canyon and run into players on the team and they're always very respectful and engaging with my 2 boys.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I have it on good information that Coach Hughes went around campus thanking people for their support, and then met with the team and told them that WT is a great place, and that they should stay and not transfer... he did that AFTER he was let go.

That's class and character.
jtp01
AG
My interactions with Coach would lead me to believe this 100% happened!
GSPag`
I have a friend whose son walked on for Coach Hughes. He received a scholarship and blew his knee out for the fifth time and retired from football. Coach Hughes made him a student assistant and let him help with the coaching responsibilities. After graduation he became a grad assistant. The family has nothing but great things to say about Coach Hughes. Hopefully their son will go with Coach Hughes wherever he ends up. He has been invited. Just don't know where yet
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.