Canyon ag. You ok

25 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CanyonAg77
84AGEC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's bad
A-A Ron
From snow storms a month ago to tornado warnings today!!
CanyonAg77
AG
Thanks for the concern.

Tornado went east and south of the city. Pretty sparsely settled country, so little damage, and none in city limits, where we are. Farm is SW of town, and in the clear, too.

Entrance area of Palo Duro State Park took some damage, but no injuries, that I've heard.
agswin1988
AG
ive heard one hiker is reported missing from another thread on outdoors section. Prayers for safe and speedy recovery
CanyonAg77
AG
Hiker found about 8:30 last night. More info on the Outdoors Board thread

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3188047
BrazosBendHorn
They showed some of the storm chaser footage last night on the 10 p.m. news down here in Houston. One of the shots was labeled as being east of Ogg, Tx. (Not very often that one sees Ogg referenced in the news).
CanyonAg77
AG
Photos

https://www.amarillo.com/picture-gallery/news/2021/03/14/texas-panhandle-tornado-damage-palo-duro-zip-line-canyon/4687816001/
CanyonAg77
AG
BrazosBendHorn said:

They showed some of the storm chaser footage last night on the 10 p.m. news down here in Houston. One of the shots was labeled as being east of Ogg, Tx. (Not very often that one sees Ogg referenced in the news).

As I recall, Ogg is not a town or even a community, but merely a railroad switch name. There's an abandoned grain elevator there.

https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/ogg-tx

34.835278,-101.890278

But Houston idiots don't know that
jtp01
AG
I'm hearing quite a few center pivots were knocked down in that weather. Spoke with one dealer yesterday. Morning and he had 6 down and was headed to assess 5 more that day and more were being called in.
CanyonAg77
AG
I lost two pivots in weather when I was working land belonging to the city. So I didn't have to pay for the pivot, I just had to watch my crop burn up because they were in no damn hurry to replace them.

One was a microburst, I'm pretty sure, happened at night. The pivot dealer was amazed, as the pivot was rated for 90mph winds. I told him it must have been a 91mph wind, because it was trash.

The second was a gust front, probably 50-60 mile an hour winds. I happened to be plowing in that field at the time. Had my back to the pivot, and when I turned around at the end, I was peering through the dust, wondering what those big blobs were on top of the pivot.

Tires. They were the tires of the laid-over pivot that were up in the air.
84AGEC
AG
And today is blizzard day
CanyonAg77
AG
84AGEC said:

And today is blizzard day
Yeah. Woke at 3:30 this morning to thunder, lightning, and sleet.

Thundersleet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.