Masks?

1,891 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MizooAg94
MizooAg94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I think I'll be making an 8 hour drive over there to visit someone in the hospital. Will take the kids to the mall, boot stores, etc.. Is there a mask mandate or are we good without?
CanyonAg77
AG
If you're visiting someone in the hospital, perhaps you should be masking up, anyway.

I hate the damn things, I'm pretty sure they're useless, but I have a 90 year-old-mother, so I wear the damn thing.

I don't know exactly where you're headed, but there is no special mask mandate in the Amarillo area, beyond the state and federal ones in place.

Depending on the business, and the city, I'd put compliance at anywhere from 30% to 90%. I don't spend a lot of time in Amarillo itself, but I don't think anyone is going to go Corona Bro on you.
Pearl2010
AG
It's hit and miss around Lubbock. I carry one all the time, but many only have to wear it around Lubbock.
MizooAg94
AG
Going to Amarillo. Staying by imax, mall, etc. Need two best restaurants and boot store. So no masks needed except hospital.
CanyonAg77
AG
West Texas Western Store is owned by son's classmate, but I really don't shop there or any western wear, so???

BBQ: Tyler's. But they only stay open until they run out, so go for lunch, not supper.

Hamburger: Coyote Bluff, but it's a small building, might be hard to get in. Close second: Blue Sky

Steak: I like Hoffbrau, but if you can get reservations, don't mind the $$$ and can drive up north of Lake Meredith on a Friday or Saturday night, Double XXL steakhouse.

Thai: My Thai. Unless you drive to Canyon, then Sayakomarns is better.

Kabuki Romanza Jpanese is a great entertainment thing where they cook in front of you, but I have not been there post-Covid

Mexican: Tacos Garcia, but there are lots of good ones
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
8 hours to take the kids to the mall?

I know not everyone thinks of Amarillo as a top tourist destination, but you can do better than the mall!
Vascular Ag
AG
I would also call and check with the hospitals regarding their visitation policy before you make an eight hour drive

I think it has opened up a little more but it can change day to day
Vascular Ag '95
JWAggie1991
AG
No visitors allowed at any of the Amarillo hospitals. There is the state mask mandate in affect. You need to follow the state guidelines and wear a mask.
MizooAg94
AG
Thanks for the advice. Was able to visit ICU Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. Husband and kids were all over the place on Saturday shopping and driving around. They said that the T Anchor flea market was a trip...They never wore a mask, nor were they asked to, although they said most did including outside and in their cars, which they found hilarious. We never put one on in the hotel either. Of course none of us are sick...

Ate at Tyler's and Fire Slice, both excellent. Brought enough Tyler's for a second meal at home Sunday night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.