KVII Amarillo mass firings?

7,010 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Spider69
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have insight as to what blew up at KVII?

Steve Kersh '92 and a whole lot of the other weather folks have quit or were fired several months ago. Kersh had been there since 1997.

I haven't seen anything as to where they may have gone. Sure don't know what caused it.

Part of the fallout is that the Schoolnet sites seems to be winking out. I don't think anyone has taken over the maintenance.
topoftexasag
AG
Was curious about this as well. Seems like something happened because there has been a lot of change.
jtp01
AG
Not sure what specifically has changed regarding the schoolnet sites. I know the hardware on them were aging a few years ago "I actually submitted a proposal to replace the hardware at the time" but nothing was changed at that time.

They were relying on some dated technology at the time.
CanyonAg77
AG
On a related note, do you know anything about the weather stations? I've got a barn 10 miles from town, and I will soon be getting electricity and fiber optic Internet. If someone brings Schoolnet up to date, I might connect. Or I might just do my own. Any equipment suggestions?
SunrayAg
AG
I heard Steve Kersh quit to take a job at Pantex. No sure on any of the others.

But I had actually started watching a different channel a couple of years ago because their news anchors seemed to find a way to spin something into an anti Republican rant on every news cast.
Wearer of the Ring
AG
Gone With The Wind.
Spider69
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

On a related note, do you know anything about the weather stations? I've got a barn 10 miles from town, and I will soon be getting electricity and fiber optic Internet. If someone brings Schoolnet up to date, I might connect. Or I might just do my own. Any equipment suggestions?

Canyon,
Ag research relies mostly on Campbell Scientific (out of Utah) or Dynamax (out of Houston). Both have decent web sites. I've been away from this since my retirement in 2013. I'd suggest you contact Tom Marek at Texas AgriLife Amarillo or his son Gary Marek and/or Steve Evett with ARS at Bushland. The problem with the school net sites is they weren't designed for reliable agricultural environmental data. Weather data aren't much good without QA/QC and reliable instrument calibration and repairs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.