Ruidoso?

3,898 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MooreTrucker
BarryProfit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recent reports? I've heard stories of some Texans getting hassled on their visit.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
NM is a lot stricter on masks. If you comply, they will be happy to have your money.
LB12Diamond
AG
I was there in May, not much open at that time to eat. Played golf twice. Everyone was cool with us. Not much open. Wore masks.
MooreTrucker
AG
If you're from Texas (and a list of other states) you're supposed to quarantine for 14 days. Not sure how strictly they're enforcing it though. Despite the NM per capita cases, etc. being quite a bit higher than Texas. But their governor is a Dem idiot. And they generally hate Texans anyway.
Creek06
AG
was in Santa Fe and Northern NM last week and had no issues besides wearing a mask when going in places to eat. People were very grateful for our business and were nice as always & we have a giant ATM on the back of our RV and Texas Native so we were very obvious.

Law Enforcement by my conversation isn't really enforcing the quarantine stance and it is either quarantine for 14 days or the length of your visit whichever is shorter. The sign going through Clovis is wrong.

Restaurants are patio seating along with curbside pickup. Fast food is drive up only by what i saw.

CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

we have a giant ATM on the back of our RV
You meant

What New Mexicans see when they see Texas plates

Creek06
BarryProfit
Thanks for the updates, I'm going in.
CivilizedAg
AG
Let us know how the trip to Ruisodo goes/went. Curious about doing it sometime soon.
BarryProfit
It's great, no real issues. Dining is outdoor only and masks are worn generally by everyone but everything else seems normal. The cooler weather has been a godsend.
MooreTrucker
AG
Update - we came in on Sunday and had no issues. New restrictions ordered beginning today. Shops still open but restaurants are take out only.

95% of folks are wearing masks.

No hassles. They want and need tourist dollars and are trying to accommodate us.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG

Quote:

No hassles. They want and need tourist dollars and are trying to accommodate us.
And yet they are running commercials asking Texans not to come.

And I realize that's the government, not the poor business owners.

Man, I hope they vote that woman out of office. She is atrocious.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Quote:

And yet they are running commercials asking Texans not to come.

And I realize that's the government, not the poor business owners.

Man, I hope they vote that woman out of office. She is atrocious.
Yeah, it's a prime example of the left controlling the big cities (of which there are only really two) and screwing over the rural area. Which in this case leads to the most impoverished state in the country.
cottonpatchag
AG
Proud state of Mississippi is on line one!
MooreTrucker
AG
cottonpatchag said:

Proud state of Mississippi is on line one!
Actually, line 2. NM is #3. Interesting that this source treats Puerto Rico as a state.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/poverty-rate-by-state
MooreTrucker
AG
I have a friend who goes to Clovis on business all the time. Recently she went over with a trainee to meet a client. The trainee and her husband are Bernie fans because of the student loan thing. My friend pointed out all the closed businesses and restaurants and said "is this the type of place you really want to live in? This is what voting for Democrats gets you."

Trainee was definitely swayed a bit, but the dumbass husband will be harder to turn. (Husband ran up student loans by spending most of the money at bars rather than on tuition, etc. and wants the free stuff)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.