You might be from the Panhandle if...

9,101 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by eric76
SunrayAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jtp01 said:

That's right, it was the wife's ex. It happens just before we moved back to the farm and I got those details wrong. I asked my wife if we were sure we wanted to move back here. Of course I'm glad we did, best move we ever made.

So are you in Moore county now? The picnic/ scholarship fundraiser/ cancelled muster replacement is Friday evening in Sunray.
jtp01
AG
Yep. Both of my boys go to Sunray ISD. We intend to come to the picnic, largely dependent upon what time I wrap up some work in Dalhart Friday.

If you are familiar with the area and know where Morton Elevator is, that is where we are building. I married into the Morton Family. More than likely we've met at some point.
SunrayAg
AG
Well the picnic is at my house, and my daughter just graduated as valedictorian from sunray isd. She is my youngest, so I may not know your kids if they are much younger. I check a few fields on Morton elevator road.
jtp01
AG
My guess is your daughter is the one heading to TAMU. I was at graduation for one of my nieces who graduated that night as well.
eric76
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Panhandle Ag said:

You get offended when passing another truck going the other direction and he doesn't lift his fingers off the steering wheel to wave back at you.
Wife from Houston, first year we're married.....

"Why are you waving at everyone?"
When I first moved to Houston, I would wave at everyone while driving down the road. It was basically just my right hand on the steering wheel raised a little as a wave. I doubt most would have known I was waving at them.

The funniest thing was going back to Houston after being home for Christmas one year. The caliche buildup on the bottom of the car because of snow was terrible. It got so bad at the tires that I had to go to the car wash to create a gap between the caliche mud and the tires so they wouldn't rub all the way to Houston.

A few days after I got back to Houston, I was driving down Westheimer west of Hillcroft when there was the sound of an avalanche and nearly all of the drying caliche/mud came off at once. I must have left a couple hundred pounds of Texas Panhandle caliche/dirt and a fairly nice little Panhandle dust cloud on the street in Houston.
eric76
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I was a little upset the impromptu parade was not better publicized. I have an antique tractor I would have brought in. I'd actually thought about doing it by myself, I had no idea others had the same thought.

I rode my bike past the Farmer's Market, I just looped down to 6th Avenue to get around it. As I headed west on the highway 60 service road, I saw a couple of antique tractors headed to town. Was the first I knew of it.
We often take a homebuilt airplane through the parade in Gruver.

That's about all it's good for. We never have got what we need from the guy in Kansas who built it from home to get the FAA to consider it to be airworthy.

The pilots in the parade look a bit concerned.
eric76
AG
By the way, I drove to Amarillo and back today. The highest temperature I noticed on the car while driving was 111 going over the Canadian River just north of Borger.

About 20 miles north of there under some clouds, it was down to 96 for a bit before going back up to 100.
eric76
AG
You might be in the Panhandle if you never allow your cell phone charge get lower than the chance of rain.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.