Please pray for Lubbock Police and Fire Departments

2,334 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RedCrackerAg12
busdriver88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Lost an officer and a firefighter today working a wreck by the airport. Another firefighter is in critical condition after being struck by a vehicle.
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
eric76
AG
busdriver88 said:

Lost an officer and a firefighter today working a wreck by the airport. Another firefighter is in critical condition after being struck by a vehicle.
Yikes!

I saw something about this -- apparently it wasn't just one accident, but two or three on wet and icy roads.
jtp01
AG
One of my really good friends is a Firefighter/EMT and worked to save firefighter on scene. He's pretty torn up still. It's certainly a sad time for the LFD. Those guys work so hard just to get the job and then to maintain is even more.

I worked with him at his "day job" as he was going through the process and you wouldn't believe the hours he kept. I was honored to be listed as a reference for him and told the HR representatives that the only downside to him becoming a firefighter was that I would lose him as an employee. 10 years later and I'm at a different employer now and we still keep in touch.
Texas_Tinman
Any Lubbock folks out there interested in paying their respects -- there will be a vigil at the Law Enforcement Memorial on Quaker by the South Loop at 7 p.m. today.
RedCrackerAg12
AG
Thanks to everyone who came out to the funeral today. It meant a great deal to the family and first responders to see the community show so much report.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.