XXL Steakhouse - Stinnett

3,574 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Doctor51
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've seen some people talk about this place, finally got to go there. Definitely worth the trip. It's out in the middle of nowhere, about halfway between Dumas and Stinnett, and then 1.5 miles off the highway on a dirt road. They only serve on Friday and Saturday nights, reservations required, and few choices. 16oz ribeye is the specialty, you can get pork loin or salmon. Call a few days in advance if you want something other than steak, they only shop for who's coming that weekend.

The steak was fantastic. Very tender, best I've had in the Amarillo area. It's $35 a plate (plus tip, and the service is great) but it's a ton of food. You'll easily take home enough food for another full meal. BYOB, tea or water included in the price. Salad, huge baked potato, steak, a sausage link, garlic bread, dessert (pecan pie our night) all included.

I kind of hate to recommend the place and get it overrun, but it wasn't terribly busy last night, so I'd like enough traffic to keep them open.

Apparently, they have done a Wagu beef dinner on special occasions for $50 a plate.

It's about15-20 minutes from Lake Meredith, so a good addition to a visit there. And it's about an hour from downtown Amarillo, so not a terrible trip.

Use the directions they give you, Google Maps seems to have them in the right place now, but tries to make you drive the last 2 miles on cattle trails and through barbed wire fences.

http://xxlsteakhouse.yolasite.com/

Facebook Page
jtp01
AG
This place is fantastic and only 5 miles from my house!!! We go there for almost every special event. The lady that bakes the homemade pies works at the grain elevator that is named for my wife's great great grandfather and sits on the corner of our farm.

The steaks are FANTASTIC and the baked potato seems to be one of the best I've ever had for some reason. Bonus is they actually employ folks who are trying to get their life back together after some stumbles in life. Charlie is a great chef but an even better human being!
CanyonAg77
AG
Our waiter was a very polite, and heavily tattooed, young man. So what you said makes sense. We tipped well, so you make me even happier that I did.

Saw some fantastic dryland wheat baled up, just off 1913 (east side of road) and due east of the steakhouse. Also a circle of irrigated wheat waiting to be cut. If that's yours, I'd love to know what the irrigated made.

Also, Lake Meredith area is really pretty and green.

I'll add a thanks to you, because I think it was one of your posts that informed us of the place.
SunrayAg
AG
I guess I will have to try it.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
On the list...
jtp01
AG
We are North of FM 152. I know the wheat you are talking about. It is good looking stuff.

We already cut our wheat for hay. We had it adjusted for our basis and found it to be 60 bu wheat. It hurt to cut it down but given the low commodity pricing coupled with the need for feed we cut it.
dhharder
AG
We have been there a few times for anniversary dinners, etc. Really like it and the nice mini breaks around it. Our kids liked the rabbits, wildlife that you could watch out the windows too.
C4D
AG

Doctor51
AG
It's fantastic
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.