Tenth anniversary of this fantastic event coming up. But they need some help from the Lubbock area.
Quote:

ANYWAY - Texas Night is coming up and the crew could really use a hand from our club. Texas Night is a yearly event that the combined parents' clubs of Texas put on for the Texas cadets and their guests. It is mainly a big barbecue. We spend a day smoking brisket and pork butts then prepare them and all the fixins for an authentic Texas meal in Colorado Springs. It is a favorite event of the cadets and this year it will be on March 14th. If you want to know more about the event, check out the Texas Night Facebook page.

This year we really need a couple of pickups that are going to USAFA to haul trailers. There is a cargo trailer in Lubbock containing tables, utensils, coolers and other miscellaneous items needed for the event. We also have a smoker in the Lubbock area that we usually take but currently have no one to haul. If you haul a trailer you will need to leave a day or two early. The smokers fire up at noon on Wednesday which generally involves leaving Lubbock on Tuesday. The cargo trailer could probably wait until Wednesday to leave, but I'd have to check on that.

If you're interested in helping out, call or text me at ********** or reply to this email. You did need to decide pretty quickly, as we have to get clearance for the crew to get into secured areas of USAFA a couple of weeks in advance.
I've redacted the phone number, and other contact info. But PM me or email at my TexAgs username @hotmail.com if interested.

I don't think I can go, but if they can't find any other pickups, I'd loan my 3/4 ton crew cab for the trip, especially if a TexAgs person can help.

https://www.usafawebguy.com/Blog/Entry/2115